Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: School and the Irish Civil War.

Blog Entries

Frank Aiken was his name. He didn't call for a truce - he simply declared a ceasefire, ordered his men to dump their arms and go home.

Sounds like surrendering to me. Lynch would not have done this.

I don't know anything about Tom Barry's drinking habits, but perhaps he'd had one too many when he blurted this out. Also, because you didn't hear it from his mouth, it's a secondary source (and in court the judge would yell at you for bring up hearsay as evidence).

It was in the pub in i grew up in that he said this and it was my father who told me as he was there obviously.

Okay, this is an obviously provocative line. How do you figure that de Valera was a traitor to the Republic who turned on his own men?

Because he turned on the IRA later and brought out internment without trial for IRA members. I will go a step further and say that this individual was the most two faced lowlife that ever stood on Irish soil. Every single thing he did ,was for his own benefit.Even causing the civil war was for his own benefit. He knew that Collins would have to be the one to break the bad news to Ireland and he knew that they would loose the North. He knew the day himself and his deputies left the house of parliament that a civil war would follow and he knew ,once the IRA were defeated , as long as he kept his head down, then he would be the last one standing looking good. Notice how he wasnt so quick to make himself commander in chief of the IRA during the civil war? He left that to someone else who of course died.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 05-09-10 at 15:19.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I loved history in school. I was shit hot at it.I mean i got top marks on stuff before it even happened. All A's i got. Loved it.
    Then you should know that stuff that hasn't happened yet isn't history, it's the future.........

All A's eh???.........Any chance of the lotto numbers???

Actually don't answer that, there's a thread about it..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

lUTHER WHERE THE HELL DID THAT FLY COME FROM, I JUST SPENT THE LAST 5 MINS TRYING TO GET IT OFF MY PC SCREEN. TRICKS LIKE THAT DRIVE A TECHNOPHOBE LIKE ME MAD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    All A's eh???.........Any chance of the lotto numbers???
    4 7 25 31 37 40

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Have you never noticed Monkeys grooming one another to avoid flea infestation ?
    I think Luther lives alone !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234