Thread: Men snap up 'man-bras'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Men snap up 'man-bras'

According to industry sources quoted in the New York Times, men's "shapewear" is booming.

Following the success of compressing underwear — or shapewear — for women, it seems as if the men's segment is catching on, with the underwear label Spanx's new range of torso-forming underwear apparently selling like hot cakes.

"We are selling them as quickly as Spanx can make them," said Nickelson Wooster, the men's fashion director at department store Neiman Marcus. David Witman, the men's general merchandise manager at competitor Nordstrom, added: "We've noticed, as good as in-store sales are — and they are good — the online sales are better. [Men] might be embarrassed to ask for it, but they want it."

"[Men's] shapewear is the next big thing," confirmed Michael Kleinmann, the president of underwear retailer Freshpair, citing successful brands such as Equmen and Sculptees, who introduced manly shapewear long before Spanx.

In fact, this trend has been growing quietly for the past decade, with "profile-enhancing" underpants or padded underwear by brands such as BottomsUp becoming increasingly popular.

at last us girls aren't alone in the world of push-up bra's those figure hugging granny pants/tuck it all in underwear etc etc....

Reviews

few mates could do with those......but not me

not me

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fiatpunter View Post
    few mates could do with those......but not me

not me
    Nor me.. My body's a temple..
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

Nice pun!

Maybe you will help to push-up sales figures with this?
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

I prefer this as a way of "fighting the flab":