Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Legends of Rock

Surely we can't deny Michael Angelo his glory! Check out his guitaring here, folks! Unbelievable!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Apollo1 (28-08-10), Lincoln (07-01-11)

It doesnt look like he is even playing...hes that good lol Holy shit that guy has some big hair,it looks like birds could nest in it and his voice was so powerful it broke the glass...crazy shit

I see yr Michael Angelo and raise you Jimmy Page....

Last edited by Apollo1; 28-08-10 at 11:43. Reason: Im not telling you its a secret....

Match your Jimmy Page with Malmsteen! LOL!

Match your Malmsteen with Bob Balch(i think)from Fu Manchu....

My favourite Thin Lizzy track. This is about his daughter, Sarah (would you believe?).

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1 View Post
    Queens Of The Stone Age,Janes Addiction,Audioslave,Muse,Led Zepplin,The Who,Foo Fighters,Wolfmother,AC/DC,Eagles of Death Metal.........

I think you're just mentioning bands you like - not legends of rock! I would be quite confident in saying that bands like Muse and Wolfmother will never go down in musicial history as legends!

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    My favourite Thin Lizzy track. This is about his daughter, Sarah (would you believe?).

I'm glad someone mentioned an Irish band here, I think as Ireland is such a small place we have really punched above our weight in areas suck as music - especially rock and folk, and surprisingly pop - and things like literature. I suppose legends are people/groups that leave an impacting legacy on music, something of which Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher and U2 have certaintly done.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Who are your favourite rock legends and why?

I think the best rock vocalists have to be Ozzy Osbourne and Ronnie James Dio (RIP Dio!).

Dave Grohl is brilliant all round instrumentalist too! You should see him in the film 'The Pick of Destiny' (Jack Black and Kyle Gass of Tenacious D fame) - he plays the Devil. Check it out! :YouTube - Tenacious D - Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)

Legendary!
    what you say is correct about dio and ozzy i have all there albums i love sabbath anyway ozzy dio gillan tony martin i love them all ...my favorite singer in metal is rob halford from judas priest that guy can do anything with his vocals.....steve perry from journey is another favorite of mine

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Deffo Hendrix, his music makes my horny.

auuuuuuuu YouTube - Jimi Hendrix-Red House
    thanks for the tip now i know what to play for you

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Sabbath were metal in the day but music scenes change and things get put in other categories.
    You couldnt have Sabbath and a modern metal band in the same categoty
    sabbath were heavy but judas priest are metal

Reviews

Suprised not to see these fellas yet.......

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast