Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Concern for real?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Are Concern for real?

So there has being a flood or something in Pakistan and Concern are appealing for aid for it. Thats fair enough but heres the part i dont get.

What do Pakistan spend on nuclear power and weapons each year? I have no idea but im willing to bet its a lot more than is needed to sort this one out.

Some charities are completely out of touch with what countries are able to help themselves and what countries can help themselves but dont bother.

amazing,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 20-08-10 at 17:25.

Some countries can help themselves and dont you are correct but its the people they neglect. They build up their arsenal of weapons and the people get very little or anything at all, that is why such charities work in these countries

Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto 1974 Pakistan

"If India builds the bomb, we will eat grass and leaves for a thousand years, even go hungry, but we will get one of our own. The Christians have the bomb, the Jews have the bomb and now the Hindus have the bomb. Why not the Muslims too have the bomb?"

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto 1974 Pakistan

"If India builds the bomb, we will eat grass and leaves for a thousand years, even go hungry, but we will get one of our own. The Christians have the bomb, the Jews have the bomb and now the Hindus have the bomb. Why not the Muslims too have the bomb?"
    He has a point, hard to argue with that

Ah no in all seriousness its scary the way these people think

Politics has nothing to do with humanitarian aid. I doubt that the thousands of people stranded alongside the ravaged puddle that is now their home could tell you anything at all about the latest government manifesto. Watching their children die of cholera and starvation may dim their interest in the order of the day. Not to worry though, its their problem, eh?
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 20-08-10 at 18:08.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Politics has nothing to do with humanitarian aid. I doubt that the thousands of people stranded alongside the ravaged puddle that is now their home could tell you anything at all about the latest government manifesto. Watching their children die of cholera and starvation may dim their interest in the order of the day. Not to worry though, its their problem, eh?
    Exactly my point. Was listening to some gobshite on the radio the other night saying we should give them nothing and look after ourselves because we are in recession, yet he felt sorry for them??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    So there has being a flood or something in Pakistan and Concern are appealing for aid for it. Thats fair enough but heres the part i dont get.

What do Pakistan spend on nuclear power and weapons each year? I have no idea but im willing to bet its a lot more than is needed to sort this one out.

Some charities are completely out of touch with what countries are able to help themselves and what countries can help themselves but dont bother.

amazing,
    Westside.
    Aid agencies don't just choose to go to countries that can't help their people in time of need, they also go into countries who don't help their people in times of need............

They're not political and don't view it that way.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Aid agencies don't just choose to go to countries that can't help their people in time of need, they also go into countries who don't help their people in times of need............

They're not political and don't view it that way.......
    Yeah maybe so but its sick to think that a country that spends money on nuclear weapons actually gets aid from a charity. that aid could go to a country that cannot afford to help their own ppl. I guess considering it all you cant really blame the charity as their only alternative would be not to help them but jesus its sick to think that the Pakistani gov spend enough on nucs to cover this problem.

its sick,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Yeah maybe so but its sick to think that a country that spends money on nuclear weapons actually gets aid from a charity. that aid could go to a country that cannot afford to help their own ppl. I guess considering it all you cant really blame the charity as their only alternative would be not to help them but jesus its sick to think that the Pakistani gov spend enough on nucs to cover this problem.

its sick,
    Westside.
    It's the way you look at it that annoys you. Don't think of agencies doing this work, or giving this money to the country, think of it as going to the people the country abandoned, forgot about or just plain ignored...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast