Thread: Does anyone believe this ?

Blog Entries

Question Does anyone believe this ?

Do you believe that a mass thinking of the same subject could influence how that subject turns out? Take a war for instance or take the latest example of it. The recession.

A recession is here, all doom and gloom and everyone thinking lack, lack in jobs ,money etc. However do you guys believe that this mass thinking of lack etc can actually help maintain that recession or even draw it out longer?

Of course the attitude of politicians doesnt help things,
    Westside.

Well I do think that what we see,read and hear is extending the recession. I mean every newspaper,news show and information forums are all doom and gloom. This naturally enough makes people more cautious about things(the major one is getting people to spend money) which extends out the recession.

On the flip side, I think a better attitude and some good news could help us out of it. I definatley think for example, that Irelands participation and success in the 1990 World Cup had a major impact on our society and contributed to the "boom" as it gave the Irish people a massive shot in the arm in terms of self belief.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningglory For This Useful Post:

mr maxi (18-08-10), Sensual Delights (18-08-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
    Well I do think that what we see,read and hear is extending the recession. I mean every newspaper,news show and information forums are all doom and gloom. This naturally enough makes people more cautious about things(the major one is getting people to spend money) which extends out the recession.

On the flip side, I think a better attitude and some good news could help us out of it. I definatley think for example, that Irelands participation and success in the 1990 World Cup had a major impact on our society and contributed to the "boom" as it gave the Irish people a massive shot in the arm in terms of self belief.

Well put it sir, that's exactly what I think as well.

Reviews

Well i suppose in a sense the media have played a part as it is generally the main topic of discussion on the news,papers etc...we simply can't escape the recession these days...
    I have lived a life of regrets.