Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Brazilians

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Anon Sweetheart, you are one of the nicest posters on this website. I read your posts with pleasure for a long time now.
    Please do not be upset over this thread.
    Thanks Nicole, there are a few things the erk me and accusing someone of being a racist without a full understanding of the word, the person and without considering the entire picture of their point of view is one of them..

I forgot Mwah mwah
    Last edited by anon361; 21-10-10 at 08:56. Reason: Gentle kiss for Nicole..

Love

You are not racisit hun. Chin up you are my fav lion

Reviews

I see you quickly deleted your post El Gordo, lucky you did as it would have proven my point about only seeing what you want to see. BTW here is the full text:
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race , especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races
    I took the liberty of highlighting the bit left out, tell me where I tried to distinguish them as inferior

I think there have been several misunderstandings. It would be nice to drop this.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I see you cut the definition to suit your argument
    I wouldn't say that. The text appears to be from here. definition of racism from Oxford Dictionaries Online
    She left out the phrase "especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races". You're assuming that she did that out of narrowmindedness. More likely, she doesn't think that part of the definition applies to you.

Anon, normally you are one of the more sensible people on E-I. On this thread you are behaving very erratically. You accused me of things I didn't do. You are now accusing Yasmina of things she didn't do. I think you should calm down, post about other subjects, and generally go back to being a useful member of E-I.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I think there have been several misunderstandings. It would be nice to drop this.
    Sorry. This wasn't here when I wrote my last post. If it had been then I wouldn't have posted. Because you are right, of course.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

I am with Anon on that. He never said anything nasty, just some people here are too sensitive.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789