Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Beckhams international career over?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    He was a good player not a great player. England fucked up by trying to build a team around him and not Paul Scholes who is a great player. His fame far outweighs is talent. He had mental toughness and worked hard with what he had but he is way down the list of the top players of his generation.
    Finally someone agrees with me.i agree 100%..
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think one serious flaw in Scholes game prevents him from being rated a truly great player, he cannot perform
    a proper tackle. In fairness he has gotten away with some horrendous tackles through out his career. I think
    this is mainly due to the Media, they seemed to give him a dispensation twas like poor Scholes sur he cant
    tackle its not his fault he chopped somebody down. At one stage i think they felt that it wasnt even right to
    give a free kick against him as the poor boy couldnt help it
    I dont buy it atall i think alot of his tackles were really cynical, im fairly sure if u reach that level u are coached
    how to tackle
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I think one serious flaw in Scholes game prevents him from being rated a truly great player, he cannot perform
    a proper tackle. In fairness he has gotten away with some horrendous tackles through out his career. I think
    this is mainly due to the Media, they seemed to give him a dispensation twas like poor Scholes sur he cant
    tackle its not his fault he chopped somebody down. At one stage i think they felt that it wasnt even right to
    give a free kick against him as the poor boy couldnt help it
    I dont buy it atall i think alot of his tackles were really cynical, im fairly sure if u reach that level u are coached
    how to tackle
    He can tackle but he's a scumbag a lot of the time. I've seen him make important challenges. His tackling is just as good as Beckhams for instance but he's a more aggressive player than Beckham and he has much more to his game as well. I can't think of many England players ever who could pass the ball better than him.

Bottom line is Scholes shits on Beckham.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

He can tackle but he's a scumbag a lot of the time. I've seen him make important challenges. His tackling is just as good as Beckhams for instance but he's a more aggressive player than Beckham and he has much more to his game as well. I can't think of many England players ever who could pass the ball better than him.

Thats the point i was making but he got a free pass from referees because of the media, if he was any other player he
    would have seen alot of red cards. They all assumed he was just mistiming them wheras i think he was very cynical with
    his tackles. No doubt he was a super play maker
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Another thing I've never heard or seen coaches teaching someone how to tackle. How do they go about it? It's a natural gift to do with timing mostly. They can teach them positioning and when to stand off or close down but not the actual tackle.

Reviews

Pretty much shits on all english midfielders considering capello wanted him for the world cup...thats how high he rated him seeing as he is retired for nearly six years....i think.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Thats the point i was making but he got a free pass from referees because of the media, if he was any other player he
    would have seen alot of red cards. They all assumed he was just mistiming them wheras i think he was very cynical with
    his tackles. No doubt he was a super play maker
    You said it stopped him from being a great player. I disagree. Are guys like Souness and Bremner not great players?? They were much worse than Scholsey.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Pretty much shits on all english midfielders considering capello wanted him for the world cup...thats how high he rated him seeing as he is retired for nearly six years....i think.
    Nah he's done now. No way he could have performed in the World Cup! Capello did a lot of stupid things for the World Cup and bringing Scholes would been another.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Another thing I've never heard or seen coaches teaching someone how to tackle. How do they go about it? It's a natural gift to do with timing mostly. They can teach them positioning and when to stand off or close down but not the actual tackle.
    Well i think that is coaching how to tackle, as u said timing is what its all about so if u arent positioned correctly u cant tackle correctly
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Well i think that is coaching how to tackle, as u said timing is what its all about so if u arent positioned correctly u cant tackle correctly
    I suppose your right (or I am?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12