Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Corrupts

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Power Corrupts

Why is it that when people get a scent of power they turn,arrogant ,decietful and obnoxious?
    This may be a very limited power or a very wideranging power but the results are always the
    same

Power Corrupts
    Last edited by ber; 11-08-10 at 10:48.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

I agree Ber, I have seen it many a time, people born into power such as an important father / mother or are groomed to take over the family business tend to be able to deal with it a lot better than someone that hasn't been around people of power but fall into a position of power.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Ye
    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I agree Ber, I have seen it many a time, people born into power such as an important father / mother or are groomed to take over the family business tend to be able to deal with it a lot better than someone that hasn't been around people of power but fall into a position of power.
    Yes i agree Anon and the same really applies to money, people who never had money and suddenly have it find it very difficult
    to manage it wheras u would think they would be the very people who would understand the importance of being frugal
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Ye

Yes i agree Anon and the same really applies to money, people who never had money and suddenly have it find it very difficult
    to manage it wheras u would think they would be the very people who would understand the importance of being frugal
    Thats another days story, sure that's one of the main reasons I reckon the country is in such shite

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Thats another days story, sure that's one of the main reasons I reckon the country is in such shite
    I agree totally Anon, the people are very quick to blame everybody and totally free themselves from responsibility, nobody ran
    them into the car showrooms or huge furniture stoes or travel agents at gunpoint. U will see nobody outside Brown Thomases
    issuing death threats if u dont buy 3 designer dresses.I would deff say its 50 50 self inflicted and goverment policy inflicted

Ive no real sympathy, I didnt lose the run of myself and to be honest im doing fine
    Last edited by ber; 11-08-10 at 11:15.
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Why is it that when people get a scent of power they turn,arrogant ,decietful and obnoxious?
    This may be a very limited power or a very wideranging power but the results are always the
    same

Power Corrupts
    A very westie style post
    does westsideX have bers password

“Power without responsibility - the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages”.
    Rudyard Kipling

people with power must be held accountable to their peers.
    no responsibility no power. this should be your watchword.

A French philosopher (Montesquieux I think) once said: Give any man a little power, and he will surely find a way to abuse it.
    I totally believe this, from the mods to world leaders including community wardens and cops, give someone a little title, and off he goes.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

ber (11-08-10)

The outstanding thing I notice with people in power in this country is they seem to be unaccountable for their actions to a large degree.---- , Charlie Haughey was the King of the "Untouchables", the rest followed.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGayBennett View Post
    The outstanding thing I notice with people in power in this country is they seem to be unaccountable for their actions to a large degree.---- , Charlie Haughey was the King of the "Untouchables", the rest followed.
    but what about the on-going investigation into anglo-irish
    u know the one thats taken forever and will eventually collaspe on a technality
    u know the one which gives politicans an excuse to dodge questions

Q(jounro) What about X in anglo -irish
    A(politican) well there is an on-going investigation so we cannot talk about it.
    FFS

Reviews

Power corrupts.. absolute power corrupts absolutely..twas Stalin that said one death is a tragedy 10 million is a statistic..it is the quality of detacthment for those who get power that corrupts them...they are removed purposefully from every day reality.... yes even the hall monitor..there are benifits for those in power..so no surprise they become corrupt...

Poggo....
    Some PPL mistake an attempt at reconciliation, as a personal attack or insult......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast