Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: signs of an alcoholic!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Thumbs down signs of an alcoholic!

What's happening all? just want some of u to tell what the true signs of an alcoholic r? it's just that i have a friend and i am not certain if he is an alcoholic or not. He says he is but i'm thinking it's a cover up for not wanting to work and being a lazy f##ker. Your thoughts will help settle my mind.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by stickytoffee10 View Post
    What's happening all? just want some of u to tell what the true signs of an alcoholic r? it's just that i have a friend and i am not certain if he is an alcoholic or not. He says he is but i'm thinking it's a cover up for not wanting to work and being a lazy f##ker. Your thoughts will help settle my mind.
    Well i always thought that the no.1 sign is that they refuse to see that they are an alcoholic but seeing as he seems to admitt it tell him to go to AA....If perhaps he was using as a excuse he may back down and tell you what is really wrong with him....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Well i always thought that the no.1 sign is that they refuse to see that they are an alcoholic but seeing as he seems to admitt it tell him to go to AA....If perhaps he was using as a excuse he may back down and tell you what is really wrong with him....
    The one your looking for is he drinks excessive amounts of Alchol

The Analyst
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The one your looking for is he drinks excessive amounts of Alchol

The Analyst
    Most of the population drink excessive amounts of alcohol..i don't think they see themselves as alcholics...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Most of the population drink excessive amounts of alcohol..i don't think they see themselves as alcholics...
    Them not seeing themselves as such dosent mean that they arent,there are many more functional alcholics than non functional
    ones
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

True. The are as well some alcocholics that claim that they only drink beer, and its not alcochol - have heard very often this one

Reviews

The way i see it if you can live without alcohol(ie have the odd drink)and not have it on your mind all the time then you cannot be classed as an alcholic....i drink but i could easily go for months without it....alcholics depend on alcohol,it is like any addiction they have it on the mind 24/7...

Reviews

i have a fairly militant view on this. In my opinion and alcoholic is anyone who drinks alcohol to get drunk. I also notice that these peoples conversations revolve around going out and "getting pissed".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

Navillus04 (10-08-10)

Reviews

If he drinks regularly, can't say no when drink or beer is offered, all he talks about is drinking he is an alcocholic. What surprises me that's the first time I have heard of alcocholic who doesnt deny he is addict, usually they say: no I am not.

Reviews

This fella has done the AA meetings, here's afew thing's he does. He would sit all day drinking and would maybe just leave the house NO he would only leave the house to get more beer. He would do this for weeks, a month or two. Then he's just stopped it, the best thing is he can't handle the drink, u would think he was a completely different person and i don't mean this in a good way. Also u would think he was a twelve year old when the drink kicks in, ffs he's not a kick in the arse of 30. I just think it's being a lazy f##ker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast