Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: signs of an alcoholic!

Reviews

then in that case my name is inspector harry callahan and yes i'm an aloholic......but remember man can't life on beer alone LOL............

Reviews

only joking folks

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Well i always thought that the no.1 sign is that they refuse to see that they are an alcoholic but seeing as he seems to admitt it tell him to go to AA....If perhaps he was using as a excuse he may back down and tell you what is really wrong with him....
    This fella has done the AA meetings, here's afew thing's he does. He would sit all day drinking and would maybe just leave the house NO he would only leave the house to get more beer. He would do this for weeks, a month or two. Then he's just stopped it, the best thing is he can't handle the drink, u would think he was a completely different person and i don't mean this in a good way. Also u would think he was a twelve year old when the drink kicks in, ffs he's not a kick in the arse of 30. I just think it's being a lazy f##ker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    then in that case my name is inspector harry callahan and yes i'm an aloholic......but remember man can't life on beer alone LOL............
    so many spelling mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Social

Quote Originally Posted by stickytoffee10 View Post
    This fella has done the AA meetings, here's afew thing's he does. He would sit all day drinking and would maybe just leave the house NO he would only leave the house to get more beer. He would do this for weeks, a month or two. Then he's just stopped it, the best thing is he can't handle the drink, u would think he was a completely different person and i don't mean this in a good way. Also u would think he was a twelve year old when the drink kicks in, ffs he's not a kick in the arse of 30. I just think it's being a lazy f##ker.
    U really have to ask if someone sits who in a house for 2 months and just leaves the house to get
    more alcohol has a drink problem? If he was a lazy fucker (which he may also be) he would prob
    be just looking at TV or stay in bed not drinking himself stupid.
    I have personal experience of a family member who did something similar, although in his case when not drinking
    was very hard working, but he went on binges like this with varying frequency,ranging from 2 years on the dry to
    about 3 times a year. He used stock up take to the house and basically u could do nothing with him till he drank
    himself into a stupor,then we would take him somewhere to dry out . He was a gentleman when on the dry but
    then the cycle would repeat itself. The binges could last anything from 10 days to a month.
    The sad part it ultimately cost him his life at a young age. It wasnt from the lack of help or family support as he
    was greatly loved by the family, he was a single guy and was very genorous to his siblings and nephews and
    nieces etc and greatly loved in his community as a whole because he was great to elderly neighbours etc
    I suppose what it made the whole family realise that no matter how hard u try and what u do at the end of
    the day the main initative must come from the person himself
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

lonely (10-08-10)

Blog Entries

What's happening all? just want some of u to tell what the true signs of an alcoholic r? it's just that i have a friend and i am not certain if he is an alcoholic or not. He says he is but i'm thinking it's a cover up for not wanting to work and being a lazy f##ker. Your thoughts will help settle my mind.
    It shard to say because an alcoholic cant stop drinking. There is another though. Dipsomniac or soemthing like that. Basically its someone who loves alcohol and drinks all the time but can stop if they wanted to.

hard to distinguish between the two,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    It shard to say because an alcoholic cant stop drinking. There is another though. Dipsomniac or soemthing like that. Basically its someone who loves alcohol and drinks all the time but can stop if they wanted to.

Westside.
    That is not strictly true there are thousands of Alcholics who binge drink go on dry for long periods and
    many do this without any intervention,what usually happens is over time the binges get of longer duration
    and increased frequency
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Westside.
    Well this friend can do just that. To be honest i don't go near him while on the drink, he talks shit, doesn't make sense and i find i can't be near him too long as i'll do something i'll regret. Another thing i told him is alot of people who has met him through me said he's a wanker when drinking but sober he's a sound guy. i've told him this but sure i'm wasting my time.

Blog Entries

Well this friend can do just that. To be honest i don't go near him while on the drink, he talks shit, doesn't make sense and i find i can't be near him too long as i'll do something i'll regret. Another thing i told him is alot of people who has met him through me said he's a wanker when drinking but sober he's a sound guy. i've told him this but sure i'm wasting my time.
    Thats just a guy that drink doesnt suit. He either has one too many and doesn't know when to stop or he needs to have a lot of drink taken to have fun.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 10-08-10 at 12:20.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    That is not strictly true there are thousands of Alcholics who binge drink go on dry for long periods and
    many do this without any intervention,what usually happens is over time the binges get of longer duration
    and increased frequency
    Maybe so. I grew up in a pub. I have seen ppl who could drink all week long yet could stop anytime they wanted to. Looking at them you would think that they couldn't stop and were alcoholics but they weren't. I have seen ppl drink a lot less than them but couldn't stop or give up at all.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 10-08-10 at 12:23.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast