Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Esb to raise electricity prices by 5% - that's nice of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    the levy is to help make energy greener its the same thing with road tax ...oh it will get greener all right with all the companies leaving because its too expensive to stay here that asshole of a government wouldn't know there arse from there elbow ..
    LOL ya we are going back to hunter/gathering status
    We will be f**King green then.

Cooking tip 4 Westie ---------------- start those eggs off in your bathwater before you add the cold.eh ?
    Last edited by GordonGayBennett; 09-08-10 at 18:20.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGayBennett View Post
    Cooking tip 4 Westie ---------------- start those eggs off in your bathwater before you add the cold.eh ?
    Yeah but must do the cauliflower and spuds first though.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post
    My biggest bills ever were from ESB.
    If I scan and show you here what ridiculous amounts I was paying in my old place, you'll see what I mean.

I don't understand how can anybody pay between 400 and 650 per 2 months living in a 2 bed apartment with most appliences energy efficient I was always paranoid about this and I imagined I get billed somehow for some other neighbours as well.

Haven't received in my new place a bill but I am very curious to see how much would it be.
    If i got an electricity bill that small id think id died and gone to heaven

Im buying a Turbine
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    If i got an electricity bill that small id think id died and gone to heaven

Im buying a Turbine
    Im surprised how more ppl in the country on farms dont generate more from wind etc. I think that the gov should give ppl on farms etc grants to cover the cost of some of the installment of equipment. I know of one guys that does it on the outskirts of Cork city. Having said that i have no clue on the costs.

Westside.

The best part is the government is forcing them to do it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Im surprised how more ppl in the country on farms dont generate more from wind etc. I think that the gov should give ppl on farms etc grants to cover the cost of some of the installment of equipment. I know of one guys that does it on the outskirts of Cork city. Having said that i have no clue on the costs.

Westside.
    It would take a while to recoup costs plus if ure demand is high u need a bigger unit then u prob should be coneccted to the grid so its a vicious circle really. To make it viable u really need a network of them plus i would have high demand in summer when
    there is more calm weather
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

The ave salery in ESB is 75k. They make 300m profit! Why not reduce there base costs like there saleries!
    We as a nation (those of us who don't work in public service higher section) need to rise up now and say enough is enough..
    We are a laughing stock within Europe, I'm sick to death of this shit.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Dont get me started on this! lol Same everywhere!!
    Like E-I? Are you saying that Patricia's on too much money for all she does?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    It would take a while to recoup costs plus if ure demand is high u need a bigger unit then u prob should be coneccted to the grid so its a vicious circle really. To make it viable u really need a network of them plus i would have high demand in summer when
    there is more calm weather
    Yeah it sounds costly alright and only viable when used in a network. I just cant understand how ,in a country like this, with high rainfall etc that more use cant be made of renewable sources of energy.

i think alot is wasted,
    Westside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast