Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone

Reviews

Red face Phone

Currently i operate a Sony Erriccson W995 phone which i have for almost a year. (and still haven't managed to figure out all of its uses and functions yet!!) I think its really the business and the best phone i've ever bought! Battery life is good, i've got 4 full days out of it without the need to charge it, i got that 4 days about 2 or 3 times, and once i went a full 5 days without needing to charge it, which was absolutely fantastic. But in recent months its began to get a bit weaker but still good, i usually charge it every 3rd night, 2nd or 3rd night. I do quite alot of texting every day and listen to music on it and watch video's on it quite often so as u can imagine alot of that would run the battery down but all in all i am delighted with it and its the best phone i've ever got. And its in silver colour. Has a great 8.1 mega pixel camera on it too, which has a fuckin serious zoom on it......for looking down girls tops!! I hate touch screen phones and will never buy one of them. Used to have a Nokia N73 which was a good phone but gave me alot of teething problems, from freezing and going slow and taking forever to start up, but it was a good phone (when it worked) and the camera, although just a 3.2 megapixel size photo, was very good. Battery life was pure shite on it though, i'd have to charge it every night usually, a few times i got away with charging it every 2nd night but usually i had to do it every night cos it wouldn't last a full 2nd day without a full charge the night before. Once i stretched it to going to its 3rd night without a charge but it was on its last legs at that stage. I bought a Sony Erriccson W205 phone last week in Belfast as a second phone as i use it when i go to the north quite a bit, its a fuckin heap of shit. I've been dying to get this phone for ages now and i'm sorry as fuck that i did now, its brutal. Screen is smaller than it looks on the display model! LOL, battery is last at most 1 full day and i'm not even using it! cos i haven't been up north since i bought it last friday week. There's definitely a fault with it so i'll have to get it sorted when i'm back in the north next week or the following week.

Views comments and experience please ladies and gents?

Reviews

i need a new fone i have this motorolla fone over 5 years its like a brick its that heavy very well made and dosen't want to give up really i'm just pissed of waiting for it to die thanks for your post on the sony i will look into getting one of them for sure.......

Reviews

I just bought Motorola Milestone. I am in love with it. I love android and now I think I cannot do without touchscreen
    ----------------------------------------------
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doin' here?
    I don't belong here

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    heavy and very well made and doesn't want to give up
    ok Harry but i was talking about phones not you!! LOL

Sony Erriccson'swould have the best battery life, little harder to use if u've worked a Nokia or similar for years beforehand, the texting in particular takes a little bit of time to get used to but when u figure it out its very handy. I'll never choose any other type of phone, i've used nokia for the last several years and told myself i'd never go for anything else, but i'm glad i did cos the Sony Erriccson is the best u'll get. Samsung is fairly shite, and the LG phones are fucking useless, everyone i know who has an LG phone has a problem with it, as in they broke and last sweet fuck all time.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Stewart View Post
    ok Harry but i was talking about phones not you!! LOL

Sony Erriccson'swould have the best battery life, little harder to use if u've worked a Nokia or similar for years beforehand, the texting in particular takes a little bit of time to get used to but when u figure it out its very handy. I'll never choose any other type of phone, i've used nokia for the last several years and told myself i'd never go for anything else, but i'm glad i did cos the Sony Erriccson is the best u'll get. Samsung is fairly shite, and the LG phones are fucking useless, everyone i know who has an LG phone has a problem with it, as in they broke and last sweet fuck all time.
    thanks for that info amigo i know people with samsung and LG phones and they are very happy with them ..i think no matter what phone i buy i would have to do a six month course in F.A.S to learn how to use the fucker

Reviews

I was going to upgrade my iphone to the new one but got tired of waiting so i changed to a HTC desire , i Love it

Reviews

i heard that new iphone is supposed to be a bit of cunt is it? i know someone who said he got the phone but had to buy everything else for it, the battery, the screen, the buttins, the charger, the speakers....ok well not exactly those features but said it cost him a fuckin fortune for all the extras that u pretty much need for the phone. I am very good with phone bus iphones never really interested me.

Harry if u want a basic but good phone try a NOKIA 6303, its around the €100-€130 price rangem depending on ur network, the battery life is supposed to be fucking ace, get 3 to 4 days out of some of it apparently, its the upgrage from the extremely popular slim Nokia 6300 from a year or two back, but that battery was piss, thats why they made this new (not new now, its out since just before Christmas last) this phone has a great battery life, good-ish 3.2 mega pixel camera. I bought my phone in Carphone Warehouse in the north, in Derry, and all phones that u buy in Carphone Warehouse anywhere in Northern Ireland are unlocked so u can put any sim card into it, any network sim card can use it - EXCEPT the 3 network, that won't work. I paid £360 pounds sterling for my phone, which works out about €450-€500 in euro's give or take. The last few months all the phone shops here were selling it between the €250-€300 and up to €350 price mark, but at the moment its dropped alot to the €230-€280-ish range. It wasn't available here in the republic in silver at the time i bought it and i wasn't going to spend €300 on a phone which was set to only 1 network when i cid buy it in the north for an extra few bob and its unlocked for any sim card to work in it, except 3 network sim cards, but any other UK or Irish network sim card wil work. Carphone Warehouse here in the republic only sell phones to the network u want, they are not Unlocked, but in the same shops in the north (and presumably in England aswell as it is the UK) are unlocked. But u can get thephones unlocked in a few places around big towns and cities for €20 or €30, the more advanced the phone, the more costly it wud cost to get unlocked, but usually in the €25-ish range, anuthing over €33 or 35 is a fuckin rip off. I'm on 02 network as it happens.
    Harry if u go into the phone shop have a look for the 'Sony Ericcson Elm', thats the name of it, great looking phone and big 5 mega pixel camera for great shots. its only a few weeks on the market here and around the €150 range i think. If i wasn't happy with my current phone then the Sony Erriccson Elm is what i wud buy. Nokia X3 also seems like a very good phone and i've heard good reviews, nice slim but wide slide-up phone, around the €120 or 130 price range, 3.2 megapixel camera, not bad. Or if u want a basic type go for Nokia 2700 or Nokia 2730. Both pretty much the same tyoe of phone, 2 megapixel camera, around the €70 and €80 range. But i'd say the best of the whole lot, apart from the Sony Err ELM, would be the Sony Erricsson C510. Good 3.2 megapixel camera phone, very good long battery life, slim phone with big screen, around the €100 to €120 mark, very good phone for a basic to very good type

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Ive one i can make and recieve calls on tis a great yoke
    Sur i plug it in everynight and tis always charged

Tis all in the mast
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

If apple can improve the battery life i'll stuck with iphone as i love it,but always had a nokia in the past the classic models,still good phones with good battery....i vote for nokias as a phone but i u want a great gadget than iphone for sure
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I was going to upgrade my iphone to the new one but got tired of waiting so i changed to a HTC desire , i Love it
    That is a great phone. My next phone is an HTC with preloaded android 3.0. I cannot ask for deal from operator as I am in Ireland only for few months so I have to pay loads of money for sim free phones
    ----------------------------------------------
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doin' here?
    I don't belong here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast