Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiroshima Anniversary

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Yep but it did save a lot of American lives as Japan is an island and alot of lives would have being lost. The real reason though is Pearl Harbour. The Americans just wanted revenge plain and simple. Pretty much like Saddam. they just wanted him out no matter what.

Westside.
    I agree,it was revenge pure and simple, but america had ulterior motives for invading iraq,oil etc.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Japan was a strange country. If the Americans and Russians had invaded even the civilians would have picked up arms and fought (and got slaughtered). They had this 'honour' thing which was more important than anything. The Americans must of known it would have been a long drawn out war and would still have to deal with co-invaders Russia in the aftermath. In the end I feel more lives were safed overall (not that that was the Americans intention). I also doubt the Soviets would have shipped up and left after the invasion was finished had it gone through. Who knows how that would have changed history?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    Stangely some americans claim it was peace keeping act as it ended the war for good. But according to documentary tonight there was a shortage of rice in japan so after pearl harbour ,they wouldnt be able to mount much of an offensive
    Now that's Japanese propaganda! If this was the case why didn't they surender?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Now that's Japanese propaganda! If this was the case why didn't they surender?

Why didnt the yanks surrender in Vietnam when they were being kicked all over the park

That my point every war has propaganda on each side, a reason to justify each side of the argument I thought i Just throw throw up the old jap side of argument for the crack and in fairness every war the americans entered they had no point being there lol
    Last edited by An don; 06-08-10 at 22:26.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nuclear Warfare is useless to anyone because the aftermath of it would be felt all over the world and cause permanent changes in the quality of life on earth.

Westside.
    All it takes is for someone like good ol Kim Jong il to get his hands on one for things to get interesting West. I'm sure the Americans or Chinese will have shot him by then hopefully.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post

Why didnt the yanks surrender in Vietnam when they were being kicked all over the park

That my point every war has propaganda on each side, a reason to justify each side of the argument I thought i Just throw throw up the old jap side of argument for the crack and in fairness every war the americans entered they had no point being there lol
    Are you saying there was no point to World WarII? How can you compare there Pacific War to the one in Vietnam? Totally different!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Are you saying there was no point to World WarII? How can you compare there Pacific War to the one in Vietnam? Totally different!
    WWII was to overthrow a maniac that had destroyed millions of lives,however the war in vietnam was an unjustified joke...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

An don (06-08-10)

Reviews

Also....I wonder if they would have used the bomb if Franklin Roosevelt hadn't died? Would he be remembered so fondly if he allowed it? Doubt it.....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    WWII was to overthrow a maniac that had destroyed millions of lives,however the war in vietnam was an unjustified joke...
    America didn't join the war until Pearl Harbour. Churchill was pissed off with the Americans for failing to join the war. I imagine he was quite pleased when Japan attacked America. It meant Japan and Germany declaring war on the United States.

Reviews

There have been claims through the years that the American government knew that an attack was coming on Pearl Harbor
    but allowed it to happen to give themselves an excuse to enter the war.
    The Truth is out there.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast