Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: General Chat or Soap Opera

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default General Chat or Soap Opera

    I touched on this on another thread, does anybody else here but me think
    that there are alot of threads posted in General Chat that should be moved
    immediately to Soap Opera as they are what the place was desigened for?
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

    An don (04-08-10), jayf1 (04-08-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    I dont agree at all with this. If you dont like a thread then dont read it. General chat is just that ,general chat.I really cant see the problem with this or how it could bother someone.

    Again ppl have a prob with rules and then want things to get stricter?

    Westside.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    I cannot tell the difference between the two most of the time. I also think that the name "General Chat" is a tad confusing and vague. Also i think that a thread like this is supposed to be in the SO.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I cannot tell the difference between the two most of the time. I also think that the name "General Chat" is a tad confusing and vague. Also i think that a thread like this is supposed to be in the SO.
    No this thread shouldnt be in soap opera as its a geneal question. Still i cant see how anyone could be bothered one way or the other.

    Westside.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    To be honest Ber, It really doesn't bother me that much as I don't usually don't view the forum by sections but view the entire thing based on the most recent via the new posts button.........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not fucking limerick anyway!!
    Posts
    2,054
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    It's not as if this forum is so active that you have to wade through loads of threads when you log on. The fact is you don't seem to get as many replies in the SO than you do in general. I don't know why.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I dont agree at all with this. If you dont like a thread then dont read it. General chat is just that ,general chat.I really cant see the problem with this or how it could bother someone.

    Again ppl have a prob with rules and then want things to get stricter?

    Westside.
    Well in that case could someone please enlighten me what Soap Opera is for?
    My understanding is that General Chat was for topics whatever they maybe that are
    intended to be of a serious nature and that Soap Opera was for the other stuff
    Well u wont know what post is about unless u read it, generally if something was
    in Soap Opera i wouldnt bother
    Last edited by ber; 04-08-10 at 01:29.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    If im lucky..its with Ms Chambers
    Posts
    2,553
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    touching on what ber said i always thought that the general chat was for escort related stuff (even though it was called general chat) and everything else went to soap maybe there should be a new forum listing called GENERAL ESCORT CHAT.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

    Rayden (04-08-10)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    Well in that case could someone please enlighten me what Soap Opera is for?
    My understanding is that General Chat was for topics whatever they maybe that are
    intended to be of a serious nature and that Soap Opera was for the other stuff
    Well u wont know what post is about unless u read it, generally if something was
    in Soap Opera i wouldn't bother
    If you remember Ber it was originally setup so that people that couldn't behave themselves in the General chat area were banished to soapland and they could post their drivel to their hearts content, I think Lizzy was one of it's founder occupiers..

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ambiant
    Posts
    1,607

    Thumbs up

    Create a new forum called "ON TOPIC GENERAL CHAT" this title is self explanatory really and posters are pre warned in the forum title that any input must be "on topic"
    Anyone posting in general chat continues to run the risk of there thread venturing off topic but hey its ok and expected because the correct place for any serious discussion is "ON TOPIC GENERAL CHAT" simple eh

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alana For This Useful Post:

    An don (04-08-10), ber (04-08-10), jayf1 (04-08-10), Nicole (04-08-10)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •