Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Much For Marriage

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default So Much For Marriage

In a recent survey it has been discovered that after only one year of marriage 20% of those that
    took part had regrets about getting married.
    A majority of these particularly men said they had reached a stage in the relationship when marriage
    was expected and even though they werent really in love with their partner felt they were trapped
    and couldnt back out so went through with it
    Well it deff explains high levels of marriage breakup
    It also discovered that a large percentage said that their first year of marriage was much more difficult
    than they had anticipated(both male and female)

And thats why im a batchelor and i dont intend to wed
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10), MILF Hunter (03-08-10)

Blog Entries

Alot of ppl find that when they start living together its very different. Some ppl just cant live together well. they may love each other, care for each other but cant live well together.

Alot of men get married for the sake of it and not to be on their own. Its stupid.

Westside.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    In a recent survey it has been discovered that after only one year of marriage 20% of those that
    A majority of these particularly men said they had reached a stage in the relationship when marriage
    was expected and even though they werent really in love with their partner felt they were trapped
    It also discovered that a large percentage said that their first year of marriage was much more difficult

What does "had regrets" mean? I would think getting married is like any other major decision, with both advantages and disadvantages. Anyone who claims not to have any regrets is either not thinking clearly or just lying. If 20% wish they hadn't got married, on the other hand, then there is clearly a problem. It would be useful to know how the question was worded.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Reviews

A lot of ppl these days marry for the big day...just for the sake of being married...marraige in my opinon has become irrelavant over the past few years.....it is treated as a joke these days.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Reviews

I just cannot see the point of marriage. There seems to be NO plus points. Nothing good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Alot of ppl find that when they start living together its very different. Some ppl just cant live together well. they may love each other, care for each other but cant live well together.

Alot of men get married for the sake of it and not to be on their own. Its stupid.

Westside.
    I agree with most you have said but in my opinion it would be women that would rather be not be on their own and the guys go along with it to make their partners happy.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    What does "had regrets" mean? I would think getting married is like any other major decision, with both advantages and disadvantages. Anyone who claims not to have any regrets is either not thinking clearly or just lying. If 20% wish they hadn't got married, on the other hand, then there is clearly a problem. It would be useful to know how the question was worded.
    Yes the impression i got from it is that the 20% wouldnt marry if they had the decision over again, but it didnt
    mean that they were all about to leave the marriage even though some were. The regrets expressed were serious
    misgiving not for example arguments over who got the remote

Marriage is an institution ,but not everyone wants to live in an institution
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Reviews

Yes the impression i got from it is that the 20% wouldnt marry if they had the decision over again, but it didnt
    mean that they were all about to leave the marriage even though some were. The regrets expressed were serious

In the end its the little things that ruin most marraiges that snowball into bigger things the longer a marraige lasts....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I agree with most you have said but in my opinion it would be women that would rather be not be on their own and the guys go along with it to make their partners happy.....
    Uve hit the nail on the head, this is what the survey found
    Prob alot of reasons for this, bioliogical clock therefore
    wanting to start a family and many women would feel
    that to start a family within marriage offers more security
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

What percentage thought getting married was a good idea, but that they had just got married to the wrong person?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast