Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Much For Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    Kierkegaard wrote:

"Marry, and you will regret it. Do not marry, and you will also regret it. Marry or do not marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the stupidities of the world, and you will regret it; weep over them, and you will also regret it. Laugh at the stupidities of the world or weep over them, you will regret it either way. Trust a girl, and you will regret it. Do not trust her, and you will also regret it. Trust a girl or do not trust her, you will regret it either way. Hang yourself, and you will regret it. Do not hang yourself, and you will also regret it. Hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret it either way."
    from Either/Or 1843

It is probably true.
    Thank you for that. I am laminating it as we speak. Ace.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Reviews

you see ladies and gentlemen when a marriage breaks up and a lot of them usually do it causes so much hassel and pain especially the house it has to get split down the middle ....the man gets the outside of the house and the woman gets the inside.....another good reason to stay single

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Harry For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    you see ladies and gentlemen when a marriage breaks up and a lot of them usually do it causes so much hassel and pain especially the house it has to get split down the middle ....the man gets the outside of the house and the woman gets the inside.....another good reason to stay single

Oh no! I am a huge fan of marriage. Without it I am not sure I would have much clientele...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10), Taylor of Manchester (04-08-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    As they say familiarity breeds contempt
    That's true as well but I am actually surprised about that living together for a long time doesn't seem to help in your case.

I was living together with a few guys back home (not with all in the same time, lol).
    For the very best of them, the average time I needed to really get to know them and make up my mind I never want to marry them was about 2 years. With the others, I would realise much faster they are not really for me.

Maybe is just my mind working differently here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sensual Delights For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Personally i know of several relationships where people seemed to living happily together until
    the ring went on and then the cracks started to appear.
    I know what you mean. Usually at least one of the pair is expecting things to change in some way after the wedding. Otherwise why would they have bothered to get married? The problem is that often they have different assumptions about how things will change, which they may not have discussed in advance.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Reviews

I think the problem her is the actual finality of marriage, many of the people in the survey im sure were already
    cohabitating but once u put on that ring it changes the whole thing. In reality escape from the relationship was
    but the packing of a bag away before marriage afterwards not so easy. Ure after totally committing to the relationship
    now. I think u also have the scenario where partners expect different things from each other once they marry,it ups
    the ante so to speak and they may feel now that they are entitled to more input into even the other partners
    personal decisions. Personally i know of several relationships where people seemed to living happily together until
    the ring went on and then the cracks started to appear. I reckon maybe people dont work as hard as they should
    at the relationship either because they kinda relax and say sur i have him/her now. As they say familiarity breeds
    contempt
    I'd say you're right on the money there Ber.

Back at Christmas time I was home, and got to meet up with a few mates from secondary (been 10 years gone since we've finished), and I was sitting with 3 friends (1 guy, 2 girls), and they were all married, save for me. The gug had been married for 2 years beofre things got to the point where she moved out, and the divorce was nearly finalized, after a year of separation. One of the girls, who'd tracked me down on Facebook after not seeing or hearing from her in years, said that her husband was moving out in a weeks' time. The other girl was the only one that was happily married, ann she'd been with the guy for 2 years before they were married, so it's going on over 4 years together for them.

The 2 whose marriages were breaking up, especially the girl, said that something in the relationship really changed, and obviously for the worse, since they got married. they'd lived together for a good while before getting married, adn all was well for them. There was just something about actually getting married that changed things for them, and they really couldn't place it exactly. But I'd say they were agree with the things you've said here.

My brother is getting married in November, and I'd be trying to talk him out of it (if he wasn't such a %$@)! Oh well, maybe he'll just have to learn the hard way...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    I'd say you're right on the money there Ber.

One of the girls, who'd tracked me down on Facebook after not seeing or hearing from her in years, said that her husband was moving out in a weeks time.
    Announcement: OFF TOPIC

Cable. Be afraid...she is after you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (04-08-10), MILF Hunter (04-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

fcuk marriage...I'm solo, I'm riding solo.....Yeeeeeyeeeah, yeah, yeahhhhhhh

♫ I'm feeling how I should, never knew single could feel this good, oh, ♫
    ♫ Stop playing miss understood, back in the game, who knew I would, oh, ♫
    ♫ So flex how I spread my wings, loving myself makes me wanna sing, oh, ♫
    ♫ Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ....

Who do I trust? I trust me!

Marriage? Been there, done that, still paying the debts off!

Such is life

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Marriage? Been there, done that, still paying the debts off!

Such is life
    Well now being a moderator ud think ud have the skills to make it work

Alimony Alimony = All my money
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast