Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Bad review...Ooops I'll opt out

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default Bad review...Ooops I'll opt out

    Bollix

    Im gonna have a little rant here. Below is the written rule for opting out of reviews:

    Why do you allow escorts to opt out of the reviews system?

    We do not feel it would be fair, to not allow escorts to opt out of the reviews system. Some escorts don't want to be reviewed online for reasons nothing to do with their being a poor service provider. For example, some like to keep how they spend their time with clients between themselves and their clients for privacy or legal reasons. Essentially, all escorts are human beings (They have friends and families etc too), surely anyone can understand how an escort might not want reviews of herself published online? If you are someone who uses escort services and you feel it is "suspicious" for an escort to not accept reviews, you do of course have the right not to see her on that basis. We believe escorts in Ireland should have the right to not be reviewed online though.


    Suspicious you say… Suspicious!!!

    I visited an Escort in cork recently and left a review. It was a negative review. I do NOT like leaving negative reviews. I would rather leave a positive one generally because as a result of this visit, I have had a positive and pleasurable experience, and one of which I would like to share with you fellow punters. But when I leave a negative review and she subsequently opts out I feel not only I, but we are ALL being duped here.

    Now I am not doing a DeBest here, complaining that one of my reviews has been deleted, (as we all know Debest only reviews to broadcast how many lassies he has fcuked. pmsl), but I feel a certain point should at least be discussed. My review, albeit negative, was not slanderous; In fact it contained about five sentences objecting to certain advertisements on her profile. This girl had one positive review, from a first timer, and mine a negative. Should she now, on receipt of a negative, be allowed to opt out?

    The review system here is second to none, and I say this in all sincerity having perused other sites. But I feel at times it lets us down. Now whereas I realize that this girl needs to do business as much as the next, but surely within the confines of fair play. If a profile is disputed by a reviewer should this profile be allowed put in ‘opt out’ status on the whim of the Escort. I’m wondering should we introduce a flag on profiles that states this profile ‘had’ allowed reviews before, but subsequently decided to opt out. This would tell a lot to potential punters considering this profile.

    I had always thought that the opt out clause was to protect privacy and not to conceal deceit. I have not identified the profile in case I am being too harsh.

    I welcome your views on this.

    Jimbo.
    Last edited by JAMESCORK; 02-08-10 at 23:32.

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

    aml (03-08-10), Cable87 (03-08-10), markj (02-08-10), MILF Hunter (02-08-10), MrFussy (02-08-10), wanted the best 69 (03-08-10), wfordman (03-08-10), WHAT A NAME (08-08-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    I would agree. A review of a lady should stand, if written in a coherent manner by a reviewer.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    I hate it when ladies opt out as a result of a negative review, it's so deceitful but if something was put on her profile to say she used to have reviews it wouldn't be fair on the ladies that opted out for genuine reasons, I know they are few and far between but I have 2 reviews taken of my list because they opted out but 1 of them was a positive review and if memory serves me well she didn't have any negative when she opted out so there must have been another reason why she opted out, most likely personal

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I hate it when ladies opt out as a result of a negative review, it's so deceitful but if something was put on her profile to say she used to have reviews it wouldn't be fair on the ladies that opted out for genuine reasons, I know they are few and far between but I have 2 reviews taken of my list because they opted out but 1 of them was a positive review and if memory serves me well she didn't have any negative when she opted out so there must have been another reason why she opted out, most likely personal
    That is no prob buddy. If she has had all positives mainly and decides to opt out....hey that’s her prerogative. But when yours is the first negatory and all of a sudden we opt out….deceit

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    The fairest option to keep both sides happy would be to have it periodic, a lady can only opt in and out at certain times, say monthly, that way at least a negative review will be on her profile for a while and not disappear the next day..

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    How about if the reviewing process was tightened up, Ie you could only leave a review if you had actually seen the girl, and within a couple of days after only, and then all reviews must stand, good or bad? After acceptable moderation of course..no opting out allowed. Just a thought..

    oops, I should also say that the lady should always be allowed to have all reviews removed though if for a personal reason.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 02-08-10 at 23:57. Reason: afterthought
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    How about if the reviewing process was tightened up, Ie you could only leave a review if you had actually seen the girl, and within a couple of days after only, and then all reviews must stand, good or bad? After acceptable moderation of course..no opting out allowed. Just a thought..

    oops, I should also say that the lady should always be allowed to have all reviews removed though if for a personal reason.
    Jeeze Lucy I think you will find that the review system does just that. You can only review if you have seen, and you are allowed up to 3 months to review. But I maintain a bad review should be at least be noted somehow. When I read a profle I read the bads BEFORE I read the good, regardless of the reviewer.
    Last edited by JAMESCORK; 03-08-10 at 00:03. Reason: im drunk, im more drunk than I thought

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    the boonies
    Posts
    167
    Reviews
    18

    Default

    In fairness, the escorts pay to advertise here, so are entitled to some control over their image. If you are trying to establish yourself, a negative review is going to cost you business, especially if you don't have so many reviews already. A lady with few reviews probably has fewer clients. A poor review from yourself, with a badge, has got to hurt a lot more. The first thing you read is the bad reviews.

    I see where you are coming from, and I have had the exact same experience myself, a lady with two reviews one good, one bad and is now not accepting reviews any more. I didn't leave a bad review, but didn't because she was younger and less experienced.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Really? You do suprise me as I have read reviews that say things like...'twas last year, in cork' etc also this ratty thing what the hell is the point of a picture of a mouse? Pull the review if it is dodgy. Also, if you can only review if seen, how come so many rebuttals start with I wasn't even in the location..Nope, I am not convinced the reviews system does that. It seems to me I could leave a review for myself tomorrow, and so could anyone else.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishermansoul View Post
    In fairness, the escorts pay to advertise here, so are entitled to some control over their image. If you are trying to establish yourself, a negative review is going to cost you business, especially if you don't have so many reviews already. A lady with few reviews probably has fewer clients. A poor review from yourself, with a badge, has got to hurt a lot more. The first thing you read is the bad reviews.

    I see where you are coming from, and I have had the exact same experience myself, a lady with two reviews one good, one bad and is now not accepting reviews any more. I didn't leave a bad review, but didn't because she was younger and less experienced.
    I agree entirely on one level, but just like a restaurant, if you open yourself to the public then you must expect the public to comment. You cannot have a advice/punting forum where you aren't allowed to speak openly, surely?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •