Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Thread

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default New Thread

Who would be in favour of if u are the person who starts a thread to be able to
    omit certain posters whom u would name at the beginning of the thread from
    posting on ure threads . Seeing as u are the person who originates the thread
    should u not have input into who u want to contribute to it?
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

I would be against it for the same reason I'm against adding users to an ignore list. It's censorship and it detracts from the board.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

I agree, you can choose to ignore someone privately, but to publically say that a specific user cant post is discrimination and bullying in my eyes.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    I would be against it for the same reason I'm against adding users to an ignore list. It's censorship and it detracts from the board.
    And if your like me, you keep having to take them off ignore to see what they are saying

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

An don (10-08-10), MrFussy (10-08-10)

Reviews

i wouldnt be in favour of that.
    but i do think that if the thread starter asks for the thread to be kept on topic it should stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Who would be in favour of if u are the person who starts a thread to be able to
    omit certain posters whom u would name at the beginning of the thread from
    posting on ure threads . Seeing as u are the person who originates the thread
    should u not have input into who u want to contribute to it?
    I dont think it would work as say for instance you were to chose mods and management what would happen there... you however have the option to ignore that person in the thread and it will move along much the same ..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rusty squeezebox View Post
    I dont think it would work as say for instance you were to chose mods and management what would happen there... you however have the option to ignore that person in the thread and it will move along much the same ..
    That would be no problem they would be allowed to moderate it but not contribute to the content
    Well it wont because if someone else replies to their post the thread can chasnge direction while still staying on topic
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jayf1 View Post
    i wouldnt be in favour of that.
    but i do think that if the thread starter asks for the thread to be kept on topic it should stay that way.
    It's the nature of the internet, no threads anywhere stay on topic ever..

That's not such a problem until mods start using the fact that a topic has drifted as an excuse to delete/lock threads. You can see why ber would be trying to get something implemented to ensure that his threads stay on topic in order not to see them disappear.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    That would be no problem they would be allowed to moderate it but not contribute to the content
    Well it wont because if someone else replies to their post the thread can chasnge direction while still staying on topic
    True but if a desission is made as to the rules regarding this once and for all......... oh wait that would be too easy

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    I agree, you can choose to ignore someone privately, but to publically say that a specific user cant post is discrimination and bullying in my eyes.
    So what u are saying is if u tell a person u dont like not to talk to u ,and not to call around to ure house that it is discrimination
    Last edited by ber; 10-08-10 at 16:52.
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast