Westie,

I read the thread earlier on tonight about the abuse thing and while I thought it was interesting to read your thoughts on the matter I would make two points:

1. I think that in your frustration you may have closed the thread to prevent the possibilty of it becoming a sh*t fight and while I can understand that, I would say that this is a "community" and therefore closing a thread should be something that is handled with care and consideration. I have no view on the validity or otherwise of the thread, just that I feel that moderators should have a light rather than heavy touch on the board...

2. After you closed the thread you allowed yourself another opportunity to post a further response. Again, while I can sympathise with your frustration, that is not fair. You cannot, despite your annoyance with people, have the ability to abuse power. You seem like an intelligent man who has a zany sense of humour and you yourself like to provoke comment and controversy so I would just like to ask you to think about that. I will accept fully that moderators have to put up with a lot, but it goes with the territory in a way.... I think that moderators really need to have such thick skin that it probably doesnt seem worth it sometimes, but if you have accepted the mantle I believe that one has to take the rough with the smooth or else it mightn't be the role for you.

Please don't take this personally, it is just my view on things (not just the thread I have mentioned) that I have watched happening recently and I am not suggesting that blame is limited to moserators.

Thanks

BLD