Thread: Catalonia bans Bullfighting

Reviews

Default Catalonia bans Bullfighting

The Catalans have used their semi-autonomy to ban bullfighting, killing off a highly-visible sign of Espanidad in their part of the country.

Is this pandering to left-wing bleeding heart animal liberation? Is it a midguided attempt to emphasise their wannabe independence? Or is it a good decision by lawmakers on a cultural relic, ensuring that one of the bloodiest of bloodsports never happens again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    The Catalans have used their semi-autonomy to ban bullfighting, killing off a highly-visible sign of Espanidad in their part of the country.

Is this pandering to left-wing bleeding heart animal liberation? Is it a midguided attempt to emphasise their wannabe independence? Or is it a good decision by lawmakers on a cultural relic, ensuring that one of the bloodiest of bloodsports never happens again?
    Proper order too. Its a disgracefully cruel sport.

Westside.

says i, if bulls want to go around picking fights with elaborately dressed spaniards, then they deserve a good spearing
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post

Its more or less a token thing anyway as there was only one bull ring left in Barcelona and the crowds were dwindling
    no real intrest in it there
    Let them try stop it in the areas where it is popular and see how they get on

The Pampalona Bull Run
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Is John Gormley in Barcelona?

A Green Bollox
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Its one sport i could never figure out
    one animal running around a ring with another one trying to kill it.
    just shoot it and leave the bull alone

If the matadoor gets knocked down by the bull he gets help so why not the other way round

Reviews

A needless way to mistreat animals by starving them and then they wonder why some ppl are killed in this so called sport.....about time this was barred.
    I have lived a life of regrets.