Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Iphone 4

English Milly Masseuse Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    So it's official, the iPhone 4 is brilliant for everything accept making calls. Got mine a few days ago and I have already given it away and I'm back to my 3Gs. Reception is normally poor where I work but the iPhone 4 had little to no coverage and even when I did receive a call it just dropped when I answered it. About the town when reception was strong you'll be OK as the reception bars do go down but not enough to drop a call but if you have only moderate reception you will drop a lot of calls and you will be saying hello to yourself an awful lot.
    Apart from the look and feel the 3Gs does pretty much the same stuff, don't use phone cameras or watch that much media on it so that didn't effect me. Screen is impressive but what use is it with the terrible call quality. I'll wait and get another one when they release a hardware fix and not just the planned software fix with a rubber band around the edge ..
    Do you know what? I had one for a day, hated it, took it back and went back to my reliable old Sony Ericsson.

The general concensus from my friends and family is that the Blackberry is a far better bet

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bustybronte View Post
    Do you know what? I had one for a day, hated it, took it back and went back to my reliable old Sony Ericsson.

The general consensus from my friends and family is that the Blackberry is a far better bet
    Yes, it is difficult to make the jump from buttons to touch screen but it is the way of the future, better embrace it now.
    I have used Blackberry's and to be honest I hate them with a passion, they have to be one of the most awkward phones to use, OK the battery life and call quality on them is brilliant and the USED to be the phone for sending and receiving emails but I just don't like the menu structure or the general navigation around them. Now all phones have very good email functionality and the newest ones easily connect to exchange servers which is great and all you would need, better than you need in fact.
    I was a Nokia man, now at the moment it's iPhone but i've been saying it for ages to my mates and they are coming into the European market in a big way but watch out Nokia, SE and Apple, HTC are in town and they are really setting up shop.. Smart move by them adopting the Android OS, SE have a few phones with it but the older version, HTC ship with the latest versions which is unreal but just not up to Apple standards... YET..

Reviews

I switched my loyalties to Android phones (not from iPhone though). They are very good phones with all the features to match iphone and android market to match itunes market (or whatever it is called).

Developers do not need google approval to market their apps. Android being open source is much more open system and it has kicked ass of iphone and nearing blackberry in sales.
    ----------------------------------------------
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doin' here?
    I don't belong here

I hate all bloody phones! The buttons are too small for my thumbs, so it takes me ages to text anyone!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I hate all bloody phones! The buttons are too small for my thumbs, so it takes me ages to text anyone!!!
    Why not use your fingers instead

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by naughty_g5 View Post
    I switched my loyalties to Android phones (not from iPhone though). They are very good phones with all the features to match iphone and android market to match itunes market (or whatever it is called).

Developers do not need google approval to market their apps. Android being open source is much more open system and it has kicked ass of iphone and nearing blackberry in sales.
    I agree, Android will be the way to go for other phone developers but the iPhone OS is still ahead IMO, not by much. Only thing is with iPhone when they update the OS it's free to download, with Android you are stuck with the version that came with the phone and you have to change your phone to get the latest OS..

Reviews

iPhone when they update the OS it's free to download, with Android you are stuck with the version that came with the phone and you have to change your phone to get the latest OS..
    huh!!! not true. As long is manufacture is willing and your phone hardware supports it, you get an update. I bought my phone with stock 2.0, I got free upgrade to 2.01, 2.1 and upgrade to 2.2 has been announced for next month. Also, android is open source, if you have non-motorola phones, it is easy to root your phone and install your own update. If you are an developer, you can customize your own phone as much as you want.

My colleague has HTC desire and he has tweeked android for performance, UI and overclocked his processor. Apple will never alow you to even think on those lines.

I agree iOS4 is better than android 2.1, is it better than 2.2, being a geek, I humbly do not agree. Going through specs of upcoming Android 3.0, I believe apple will have to raise its game.
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    I don't belong here

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Do any of the two phones look good to you?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant_button_cell_phone-500x411.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	29925
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cricket-giant-messager-02-sm.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	29926
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    I don't belong here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to naughty_g5 For This Useful Post:

samlad (25-09-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by naughty_g5 View Post
    huh!!! not true. As long is manufacture is willing and your phone hardware supports it, you get an update. I bought my phone with stock 2.0, I got free upgrade to 2.01, 2.1 and upgrade to 2.2 has been announced for next month. Also, android is open source, if you have non-motorola phones, it is easy to root your phone and install your own update. If you are an developer, you can customize your own phone as much as you want.

My colleague has HTC desire and he has tweeked android for performance, UI and overclocked his processor. Apple will never alow you to even think on those lines.

I agree iOS4 is better than android 2.1, is it better than 2.2, being a geek, I humbly do not agree. Going through specs of upcoming Android 3.0, I believe apple will have to raise its game.
    I didn't know that, I assumed (incorrectly) that you were stuck with the OS you got with the phone, thanks for updating me, will do my own research later. I have only used 2.0 and that's what I was basing my comparison on. Feck ye anyway, going to have to go by and android phone now to see for myself lol

Reviews

I didn't know that, I assumed (incorrectly) that you were stuck with the OS you got with the phone, thanks for updating me, will do my own research later. I have only used 2.0 and that's what I was basing my comparison on. Feck ye anyway, going to have to go by and android phone now to see for myself lol
    cheers mate
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    I don't belong here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567