Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever meet anyone famous and not realise it?

Reviews

Default Ever meet anyone famous and not realise it?

About 15 or 20 years ago I was in Busker Browns in Dublin queuing at the bar, about 6 deep when I felt someone trying hard to push past me. I turned and saw this black dude with blonde hair and asked him "who the fuck do u think u are trying to jump the queue?"
    his reply was "I'm Dwight Yorke!"
    I never was a big fan of English soccer and therefore not knowing who Dwight Yorke was, I replied "I don't give a fuck if you're the Duke of York! You'll queue like the rest of us!"
    his mate then went into stitches of laughter. I eventually got back to my mates who said "were u chatting to Dwight Yorke?". I said "briefly, is he a friend of yours?" then they burst out laughin!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Derry lad For This Useful Post:

sexyfukka (26-06-12)

Reviews

Ray darcy but many wouldn't find him famous....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Maybe, but at I've heard of him and would recognize him!!

Reviews

i litterally bumped into Willie o dea one day. Not exactly Brad pitt or anything

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    About 15 or 20 years ago I was in Busker Browns in Dublin queuing at the bar, about 6 deep when I felt someone trying hard to push past me. I turned and saw this black dude with blonde hair and asked him "who the fuck do u think u are trying to jump the queue?"
    his reply was "I'm Dwight Yorke!"
    I never was a big fan of English soccer and therefore not knowing who Dwight Yorke was, I replied "I don't give a fuck if you're the Duke of York! You'll queue like the rest of us!"
    his mate then went into stitches of laughter. I eventually got back to my mates who said "were u chatting to Dwight Yorke?". I said "briefly, is he a friend of yours?" then they burst out laughin!!

I don't remember Dwight Yorke ever having blonde hair.

I was at the bar in Citywest one night getting drinks for a few mates and bumped into a man as I turned to go back to the table with the drinks. I mumbled an apology and carried on my way. When I got back to the table one of my mates asked me what I had said to Johnny Giles. As I had a puzzled look on my face he started to point at the bar, and when I turned around I noticed that the man I had bumped into was Mr Giles.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Blog Entries

Yeah i nearly knocked Richard Harris over in Dingle while he walked out of a pub. The man should have watched where he was going. Bumping into Westside like that. It was only when he was gone up the road it dawned on me that he looked like a famous actor.

he was around again next night,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Yeah i nearly knocked Richard Harris over in Dingle while he walked out of a pub. The man should have watched where he was going. Bumping into Westside like that. It was only when he was gone up the road it dawned on me that he looked like a famous actor.

he was around again next night,
    Westside.
    did he at least have the manners to ask you for your autograph the second night westie?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    did he at least have the manners to ask you for your autograph the second night westie?
    Nope i didnt,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nope i didnt,
    Westside.
    you mean he asked but you did not give it?..proper order who does he think he is?

Reviews

I worked in the entertainment industry for years and met literally hundreds of so called stars.

Jack from coronation street was one of the funniest and Pat Kenny has to be the biggest wanker of them all.

I was in a restaurant in Dublin after a U2 concert and there was Bono with a few friends sitting in the corner.
    He went to the Jacks so i followed like a fecking eegit straining to have a piss.
    Got chatting and asked if the misses could have her photo with him.
    I told him i had met him previous through work which i had and he agreed.
    He came over to the table after a few minutes and had a chat so out came the camera.
    He called over a buddy who took the pic. Shook hands said thanks and all that.
    When they were leaving he came over and said here's a story for you about that pic.
    It maybe be Bono in the pic but it was Bruce Springsteen that took it.

Well fuck me if i had known i would got Bono to take the pic and given Bruce a big fecking hug..
    Blinded by the lights i think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast