Thread: Rant about Sports Sponorship BS.

Blog Entries

Default Rant about Sports Sponorship BS.

I have had it reading about top sportsman getting sponsored by companies and claiming that their products made him who he was despite the fact that he never used them. While im all for sport ppl being sponsored i dont like the lying bs message they send out to young ppl that the product of their latest sponser made them who they are. Some guy runs the 100mts in under ten secs and gets some shoes from his sponsor and goes on about these great shoes - that he never wore in a race. Some guy wins a race and gets sponsored and goes on about how some isotonic drink made him who he is.

A load of lying bullshit that sends a wrong message out to ppl.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 21-07-10 at 20:52.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I have had it reading about top sportsman getting sponsored by companies and claiming that their products made him who he was despite the fact that he never used them. While im all for sport ppl being sponsored i dont like the lying bs message they send out to young ppl that the product of their latest sponser made them who they are. Some guy runs the 100mts in under ten secs and gets some shoes from his sponsor and goes on about these great shoes - that he never wore in a race. Some guy wins a race and gets sponsored and goes on about how some isotonic drink made him who he is.

Westside.
    But Westie thats what advertising is, its all about who can tell the best lie and sur if people are gullible enough to
    believe it tough.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

yea its sad look at hugh jackman on his lesser known ad campaign for cream to stop you itching.....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I have had it reading about top sportsman getting sponsored by companies and claiming that their products made him who he was despite the fact that he never used them. While im all for sport ppl being sponsored i dont like the lying bs message they send out to young ppl that the product of their latest sponser made them who they are. Some guy runs the 100mts in under ten secs and gets some shoes from his sponsor and goes on about these great shoes - that he never wore in a race. Some guy wins a race and gets sponsored and goes on about how some isotonic drink made him
    who he is.

Westside.

so you haven't tried Redbull shot?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    so you haven't tried Redbull shot?
    LOL actually i did and you know, i was waiting for something exotic to happens. Like id grow a third ball or something. Nothing and i mean absolutly nothing. The stuff is useless. Even red bull itself does work but that crap and at 2.30 or so for a shot of it?

Id drink piss first,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    Would this not be false advertising.I heard an Irish golfer never had Laser eye surgery
    Exactly. He got laser eye surgery and he became a pro golfer after that.

the chicken and the egg,
    Westside.