Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: time...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Kids have a dreamy perception s'pose.
    this is a great thing for most adults to have too. I once asked a person who was shooting for alot of stuff why he was doing it when it was so much.His answer never left me. He said its not the end results but the journey that counts. The thing is ppls lives would be so much better with this outlook.

I always say its like someone training for something or someone wnats to be a millionaire for eg. A by product of the goal is improvement and satisfaction anyway. If the millionaire got to 750,000 is he a failure? Would he have gotten to 750,000 if he didnt have that goal to begin with?

I once sat in a surgeons office as he was looking over scans they did on an injury i had. He looked at me and asked me "why do you do this to yourself? My answer was simple,"Why not and besides i love it."

I am saying it all the time, get goals in life.They dont have to be to be the worlds best anything. Just set goals in different areas and go for them.

most ppl have none,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 19-07-10 at 11:24.

Reviews

we ought make lists of what we do want! (shorter lists)
    Last edited by warmcome; 19-07-10 at 11:32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    we ought make lists of what we do want! (shorter lists)
    the prob is ppl expect results over night and when they dont see them they give up. Consistancy is what gets the job done ,not luck, not genetics etc. Its like knocking a wall with a sledge. It might take 100 belts and you could stop and give up after any one of those belts but its only the last one or two that knock the wall. Most ppl dont even know what wall they want to knock and most of the rest never stay at it long enough to get that last belt at it. Thats why its that "lucky" or genetically" gifted few get the job done. Its becasue they stay at it.

The thing is this can be applied to anything in your life. Anything starts with thinking (concieving) something, then putting away doubt (believe) and then the hard part (achieve).

Conceive ,believe , achieve,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 19-07-10 at 11:46.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

warmcome (19-07-10)

I worry about getting older but whats very interesting is people u know who are a similar age to u who look much more aged than u & VICE VERSA! or u can't drink like u used to! You know you're getting older when you no longer watch MTV....

Remember when MTV had decent music on it?

(sigh!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (21-07-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I worry about getting older but whats very interesting is people u know who are a similar age to u who look much more aged than u & VICE VERSA! or u can't drink like u used to! You know you're getting older when you no longer watch MTV....
    I never worry about it.I say fuck it. Alot of it is in the head. you need more rest to recover when you get older but the body is amazingly adaptable. It adapts to anything if its done long enough.

the mind is adaptable too,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    EP!

relax back into your seat on the journey of life.
    older brings wiser-mass-media promotes youth, only 'cos they spend more...

w
    Last edited by warmcome; 19-07-10 at 11:58.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Thats because as ppl get older they look forward to stuff less. When ppl were younger they always had something to look forward to and when thats the case ,time crawls.

As alot ppl get older ,for some reason i cant get, they change everything in their outlook on life, even their dreams.

pity,
    Westside.
    BOLLOCKS ...... TOTAL BOLLOCKS ........ Im gobsmacked ....... speechless .......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    BOLLOCKS ...... TOTAL BOLLOCKS ........ Im gobsmacked ....... speechless .......
    Dont go off topic. No need to describe yourself to me here.

a right charmer, eh no,
    Westside.

Reviews

It's not the hours or days I worry about - it's how quick the years are flying by.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast