Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you beleive in......

Reviews

Would love to think I get another go at life but as I don't I make sure I enjoy this one.

2. Default

Hypnosis is the activation of the REM mechanism while the sensory channels remain open.

This can be achieved by simulating within the person the state of being in REM such as relaxation, altered breathing, visualization, certain types of language patterns such as metaphor and in some cases swinging a suitable object of focus like a watch or diamond in front of their eyes, which simulates how the eyes move when in the REM state. When the person is purposefully put under these conditions, depending on the person it is not long before their brain will flip or trip if you like, into the hypnotic state.

Because this is an artificially induced state the sensory channels will remain open. This may be because in normal sleep there are stages that we past through before we reach the REM state. With hypnosis all the stages are skipped. With the sensory channels still open this allows for outside influence.

When’s the last time you realized you were dreaming? The vast majority of people will go a life time without ever having an experience were they realize they are dreaming. This is because when dreaming there is another part of our brain which is involved in reality checking and this is not active while the REM state is active So when dreaming or in a hypnotic state we will never realize or question our behavior.

I could write reams more about hypnosis but don’t have the time or energy right now.

I'm open to the idea of past lives but I know a hypnotic state is not the way to explre it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dublinwanksalot For This Useful Post:

Rayden (02-09-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Re-Incarnation...Past Lives....etc?

I have done lots of research and reading on Past Lives etc, and recently have done some Hypnosis Past life regression, with some interesting results.

What do you think?
    Oddly enough, I had a notion that I was a dog in a previous life?
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Re-Incarnation...Past Lives....etc?

I have done lots of research and reading on Past Lives etc, and recently have done some Hypnosis Past life regression, with some interesting results.

What do you think?
    There is one fundamental problem with the theory behind re-incarnation, and its this:

Because of the massive developments in medicine and other areas, we now find ourselves in the position that more than half the people who ever lived are alive now.

This counter-intuitive fact provides massive logistical problems for proponents of re-incarnation
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Not at all, im a factual sorta guy

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I don't know what to believe. I just don't think it's possible, as it would seem that your soul goes somewhere, and then comes back in a different form?

I don't believe in having a touchable soul in the form of a ghost, or something like that. I just like to believe this: before your birth there was nothing, you did not exist, so why should there be something like a new life after your death?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234