Thread: The Open Championship

Default The Open Championship

I don't think St. Andrews is an interesting golf course. Historic yes, challenging no.

I certainly don't feel it's tricky enough to host the Open.

If you're leading on the 18th there's very little chance you'll lose (short hole, no bunkers, water, challenges etc).

I like a golf course to be one where anything can happen going up the 18th like most US courses.

Reviews

It can be set up with a high degree of difficulty though, and if they get weather then it'll be tough enough. Daly lookin good for an outside bet....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    I don't think St. Andrews is an interesting golf course. Historic yes, challenging no.

If you're leading on the 18th there's very little chance you'll lose (short hole, no bunkers, water, challenges etc).

I like a golf course to be one where anything can happen going up the 18th like most US courses.
    I am not a fan of golf so one course makes no difference to me.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post

true but it is the true home of the game and while the 18th is merely a procession - the17th is the greatest hole in golf.

......however , remember Roccas putt at the 18th about 15 year ago