Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irish property market...

Reviews

Remember when the noise/sight of a cement mixer was commonplace?
    Building has halted for about 2 years. 'A house' is too generic a term for discussion.
    D4-many sites for cheap as chips houses there? Many bargains to be snapped up? No!
    Now for years the councils were building nice new homes for appreciative large families etc.
    Do you see many more being built? The housing lists were never so long-so it looks
    like the rental market will be strong going forward. The 120,000 who may emigrate
    won't they want to return 'horme' after a few years saving a deposit in Vancouver etc?
    Last edited by warmcome; 14-07-10 at 15:50.

Blog Entries

If only anita was here to comment,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    In many parts of the US house prices are in the $10,000-$20,000 range. I'm not saying it will happen here, but it's worth thinking about.
    I don't think prices will get as low as Detroit, Michigan ($10,0000-$20,0000) and those prices are a bit generous; Now would be an ideal time to buy there and tunn the land into farm land, but regarding Ireland, prices might get as low as they were pre-Celtic Tiger.

Blog Entries

Damn im getting bloody good at this fortune telling stuff.

Ill be Westie 500 soon,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    If only anita was here to comment,
    Westside.
    She may turn up. You know the score "I knew the market was going to bust
    so I cleverly invested in bullion, which is all just glistening under my bed"

told you so...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Experts say that prices have halved in some parts of the country (Dublin included).
    Would you be tempted to buy a home or have you got one to push? Rental rates
    came down a lot too! Or given the temporary nature of life, you'd rather just pay a bit
    of rent in Spain or Portugal, kick back, smoke some 'erbs?
    I heard somewhere in mullingar that had apartments that were down by 66% which is an insane drop down in price.Obviously this is one of the best times ever to buy a house in this country but will the banks give the money out as it seems they are unwilling to at the moment even though we bailed them out with this nama.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

I feel sorry for the average Jos soap that decided to jump in on the investor market, a lot owned their own home and decided to use it as equity to buy more property. Not only are the in trouble with the property they bought but also their own homes too
    I got lucky I reckon with my investments but I truelly feel sorry for those that weren't so fortunate..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    In many parts of the US house prices are in the $10,000-$20,000 range. I'm not saying it will happen here, but it's worth thinking about.
    Houses here were really vastly overpriced...lets hope that if they stay down they will indefinately.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

It's disgraceful, I am aware of a builder that built an apartment block, sold 3 of them @ €149,000 and the remaining 60 were taken over by the banks and recently sold at auction, who do you think bought them as a job lot (obviously indirectly) for €29,000 each, you guessed it, Double payday for him ...

Reviews

This property thing is very simple. We all know who is responsible for the huge mess we are in, and a lot of people were caught and if you were one of them, well tough!
    Property prices will start to level off very soon BUT only certain types of property and in certain areas. The rest will continue to fall untill we start spending again. Those unsold properties in unfinished estates will have to be buldozed because we have no need for them and until we weed out all these uneccessary buildings then the market cant settle. Every town and village has these unwanted buildings, we all know the ones - retail parks included, that should be knocked.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast