View Poll Results: Should Meath offer Louth a replay of the Leinster final.

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offer a replay

4 50.00%
  • Don't offer a replay

4 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leinster Final replay.

Reviews

Default Leinster Final replay.

Should Meath offer Louth a replay of the Leinster final?

Reviews

They should but they won't...i think the meath footballers held a poll and they were against it...they could have been the bigger ppl here and at least offered a replay.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

can we forward the results of this poll to the meath council?
    see you next tuesday

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder View Post
    can we forward the results of this poll to the meath council?
    I don't think they will take much notice of us somehowthere mind is made up...it ain't for changing.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

bad decisions happen in all sports. People should just accept this and move on.

Reviews

I'm a Meath man through and through and although i hate the thought of loosing to Louth i think there should be a replay. We did cheat because it was against the rules what we did, but the only man to blame for this is the Referee, he didn't see what exactly what happened but still he gave it to us. Ofcourse i would've liked Meath to win but i would've liked them to win fair and square. Meath were the better team in the first half i think, but they played shite in the second half, whereas Louth came out like raging animals in the second half and played fantastic. But Ireland didn't get a replay the time that prick Thierry Henry robbed us and from what i've heard Meath won't have a replay so it will have to be a case if just lets just move on, there was alot of controversy around the time that Henry robbed us but thats all died down now, even though lookign back at it it is still terrible what he did and nobody can argue with that, but another couple of days of this and this match wil go the same way as that one did, brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. I would've liked to see Ireland and France have a replay that time but they didn't so the rules won't change for this match either. Its a vote and nobody on the Meath team wants to take the chance of getting beaten by Louth so they won't do it. the bit that really sickens me is that Louth haven't won this since 1957, but Meath only won it 9 years ago in 2001. No wonder Louth people are so pissed off, they get so close and on the final whistle of extra injury time Meath get an illegal score.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rod Stewart For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (14-07-10)

8. Default

I didn't see the game, but have seen the incident since. It has emerged this morning that the ref has in his report that he was going to give a penelty to meath, but decided to let the goal stand. i know there is no garantee they would have scored a penalty, and it still has to be said that the goal should not have stood as the player carried the ball over the line, then threw it into the net, also a foul offence. but i also don't think there should be a replay. if you give it for this, then every contentious issue will be open to this. the game was close and the goal did decide the result, but would it have been the same if meath were 4 or 5 points ahead?? this is why i don't think there should be a replay, because everyone would be calling for them whenever they have a bad decision go agains them. besides, i think that in a replay, meath would probably win comfortably, as often tends to happen when the underdog has a good game the first day. happens in all sports really. meath wouldn't underestimate louth again.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Rules

Quote Originally Posted by bigcxxk View Post
    I didn't see the game, but have seen the incident since. It has emerged this morning that the ref has in his report that he was going to give a penelty to meath, but decided to let the goal stand. i know there is no garantee they would have scored a penalty, and it still has to be said that the goal should not have stood as the player carried the ball over the line, then threw it into the net, also a foul offence. but i also don't think there should be a replay. if you give it for this, then every contentious issue will be open to this. the game was close and the goal did decide the result, but would it have been the same if meath were 4 or 5 points ahead?? this is why i don't think there should be a replay, because everyone would be calling for them whenever they have a bad decision go agains them. besides, i think that in a replay, meath would probably win comfortably, as often tends to happen when the underdog has a good game the first day. happens in all sports really. meath wouldn't underestimate louth again.
    Well if the referee wrote that in his report he dosent know the rules of the game and shouldnt be refeering atall,
    if he applied the advantage rule and let play continue that was fine but the goal would still have to be scored in
    a legal fashion, its not like rugby if u let the play develop u cannot call it back and the next foul commited would
    be a free (in this case carrying the ball across the line)
    And if he did award a penalty that was another wrong decision as in the replay it clearly showed Sheridan wasnt fouled
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    They should but they won't...i think the meath footballers held a poll and they were against it...they could have been the bigger ppl here and at least offered a replay.
    That is incorrect the Meath panel took a vote and said they would offer a replay but the trainer Eamon o Brien and the
    County board chairman were against it. The decision wont rest with the players
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    That is incorrect the Meath panel took a vote and said they would offer a replay but the trainer Eamon o Brien and the
    County board chairman were against it. The decision wont rest with the players
    the media are reporting that the players almost to a man voted no to a replay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast