Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Englishness in the WC

Default Englishness in the WC

The ridiculous triumphalism shown by the English commentators pundits & presenters in the World Cup was expected but way over the top Before a ball was kicked it was being made out that they had an entitlement to do well - I dont blame the players for all this behavior but English people also need to understand that their team are mostly massively over hyped players & the English Premier League is not as ye keep saying 'the best league in the World' GET OVER YOURSELVES...

Reviews

Graeme Souness was going on about how he reckoned that the English team got their preparation wrong. He says they didn't train at altitude properly and got fucked up. Any truth in that (or are they a bunch of overpaid cocksucker prima donnas who cannot play as a team because of their own egos?)

Reviews

Wish I had of read your post before I put €100 on them to win - thats what I get for watching BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Wish I had of read your post before I put €100 on them to win - thats what I get for watching BBC.
    I can not believe you actually did that. You really must not know much about football to have done that.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Blog Entries

Ah FFS, it's football. I thought you were talking about Englishness in toilets!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patricia For This Useful Post:

BruceAlmighty (06-07-10), Monkeynut (06-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    ha ha fooled u....

Reviews

Better off talking about toilets because their football is shit. English players train for fitness not football. Gerrard and Lampard would be national hunt horses where most european teams train derby horses.

Reviews

Whats gets me is they way the media had labeled this group of players the 'golden generation' but there about the same level of what has come before...rooney-gascoine,butcher-terry,platt,lampard...sometimes the media is its worst enemy at times...come to think of it the players they had at italia 90 they are far better individual players than they have now.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Me too, I thought it was going to be a philosophical discussion on how the 3 seashells in Demolition Man really work

11. Default

The whole team are muppets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast