Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe keano should have been a pundit rather than a manger

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Sometimes I get annoyed by Keane.....I thought his book was crap. But then I think about it.....he is by far the most interesting man in football to listen to. He gives his opinion and that's rear in football.....not even Mourinho does that (he just talks shit!).
    I agree with some of his points.....but England have more world class players than Rooney. He defeneded Capello....but who decided to bring Heskey? Capello!
    People should remember when Roy gave that press conferance about the Henry handball, he was under alot of pressure and then some knobhead English journalist comes along and trys to patronise over "poor Ireland".....how do people think he would respond??
    At the end of day loyk....he's the greatest Irish footballer ever imo. Only Giles comes close and maybe Brady but Keane is clearly the best for me. He changed the country's attitude towards sport and we should appreciate him for that.
    spot on debest he dragged the fai kicking and screaming towards being professional...they were mickey mouse ...still not great but at least he improved them.

Reviews

Sometimes I get annoyed by Keane.....I thought his book was crap. But then I think about it.....he is by far the most interesting man in football to listen to. He gives his opinion and that's rear in football.....not even Mourinho does that (he just talks shit!).
    I agree with some of his points.....but England have more world class players than Rooney. He defeneded Capello....but who decided to bring Heskey? Capello!
    People should remember when Roy gave that press conferance about the Henry handball, he was under alot of pressure and then some knobhead English journalist comes along and trys to patronise over "poor Ireland".....how do people think he would respond??
    At the end of day loyk....he's the greatest Irish footballer ever imo. Only Giles comes close and maybe Brady but Keane is clearly the best for me. He changed the country's attitude towards sport and we should appreciate him for that.
    I thought his book was shyte as well..thats ghostwriters for ya but the english press are always like that...always trying to stir the shit.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I thought his book was shyte as well..thats ghostwriters for ya but the english press are always like that...always trying to stir the shit.
    I hate ghostwritten books and biographies of people. It's all second-hand stuff... you don't just have to worry about whether it's the truth or not, you also have to worry about whether the person has no idea and is just kind of making it up as well. I hate it when they insert their own opinions.

keane was a brilliant player not just because of his ability with the ball but also his personality in driving himself and others on. the very best of his type. period.

he was spot on with his analysis of the henri incident, and to me is spot on with england's failure being to do with the players not being good enough.

he is a bit mental i have to admit but in his interviews he is nothing but compelling. no chance of him being a pundit though, he'd either punch someone or he'd walk off the set, again part of who he is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sman For This Useful Post:

benin (05-07-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I hate ghostwritten books and biographies of people. It's all second-hand stuff... you don't just have to worry about whether it's the truth or not, you also have to worry about whether the person has no idea and is just kind of making it up as well. I hate it when they insert their own opinions.
    It's nothing to do with ghost writing....I just didn't find his life interesting enough to read about.

I just finished a book about the fighter Roberto Duran....brilliant!! Roberto didn't write the book but a passionate and dedicated writer did (I don't even think Duran can write). Point being is if someone has an interesting life and the book is well written and non bias it can be enjoyed. Roberto Duran certainly had an interesting life.....he knocked out a horse for 2 bottles of whiskey!! I mean....come on!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (05-07-10)

It's nothing to do with ghost writing....I just didn't find his life interesting enough to read about.

I just finished a book about the fighter Roberto Duran....brilliant!! Roberto didn't write the book but a passionate and dedicated writer did (I don't even think Duran can write). Point being is if someone has an interesting life and the book is well written and non bias it can be enjoyed. Roberto Duran certainly had an interesting life.....he knocked out a horse for 2 bottles of whiskey!! I mean....come on!!
    it was a lucky punch the horse is ready for a rematch.....

Reviews

Roy Keane is a manchester united legend. Fantastic player, and a loyal to the fans thru and thru.

BTW, I love football and am a Mad Man Utd fan too!

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Roy Keane is a manchester united legend. Fantastic player, and a loyal to the fans thru and thru.

BTW, I love football and am a Mad Man Utd fan too!
    vampire i think i love you...

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    vampire i think i love you...

How sweet

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast