Thread: Yay Ireland! CongradZZ!

1. Red face Yay Ireland! CongradZZ!

Amazing!

The Dail in the Irish Republic has passed a bill which recognizes civil partnerships between same-sex couples!

Justice Minister Dermot Ahern says:

"Our society has changed substantially in recent decades. While marriage is more popular than ever, other forms of relationships have become increasingly common; they create some difficulties in the legal system and require in our law a measure of recognition and of protection."

The bill was supported by all parties in the Dail and it is expected to become a law in the fall.

YES!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Natural_brownsugar For This Useful Post:

Rayden (03-07-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Natural_brownsugar View Post
    Justice Minister Dermot Ahern says
    "Our society has changed substantially in recent decades. While marriage is more popular than ever, other forms of relationships have become increasingly common; they create some difficulties in the legal system and require in our law a measure of recognition and of protection."
    while i think this is wonderful news, the above quote bothers me. Gay relationships havent become "increasingly common", they were hidden because it was once seen as wrong/illegal to be a homosexual.

Cartman can marry Ber now.......................

Reviews

This is good news,the country can now move onwards and upwards.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

good news for everyone