Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: penalty miss.

Reviews

I really felt for gyan..the lad looked distraught...but without suarez uraguay will struggle to beat the dutch.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dumbledore View Post
    Is that the ultimate in cheating?
    I see that Tabarez the Uruguayan manager stated that Suarez was not cheating when he handled the ball on the line to stop a certain Ghana goal.FFS if that isnt cheating I dont know what is.
    The Truth is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I see that Tabarez the Uruguayan manager stated that Suarez was not cheating when he handled the ball on the line to stop a certain Ghana goal.FFS if that isnt cheating I dont know what is.
    it was cruel...but it was instinct not cheating really...but i think football would benifit from a penalty goal in this instance...like a penalty try in rugby....was not fair on the lad to have to take a peno under that pressure.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (03-07-10)

I quickly turned away when penos finishes its truely awful to watch the faces of the losing team especially the poor guy who missed that pen in extra time but their captain took the worst peno I have ever seen in the shootout...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    it was cruel...but it was instinct not cheating really...but i think football would benifit from a penalty goal in this instance...like a penalty try in rugby....was not fair on the lad to have to take a peno under that pressure.
    We will have to wait for one of the "important" football countries to call for this before anything gets done about it as FIFA dont take notice of the "little" countries.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 03-07-10 at 09:41.
    The Truth is out there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

benin (03-07-10)

it was harsh on him last night, the last kick of the ball to put your team into the world cup semi's and he made a pig's ear of it!
    from the moment he missed that i knew Uruguay would go on and win it in the penalty shoot out, but i don't think it was cheating the guy handled the ball on the line, its more of an insticnk reaction more than anything, but what makes me confused about penalty shoot outs is the goalie, he always seems to dive to one side or another, if he stands up in all 5 penalties he is guaranteed to save 2 or more, because out of the 5 penalties Uruguay took last night 2 or 3 of them went down the middle of the goal or just to the side of the goalie, there for he would have stopped 2 penalties!

Quote Originally Posted by goofy View Post
    it was harsh on him last night, the last kick of the ball to put your team into the world cup semi's and he made a pig's ear of it!
    from the moment he missed that i knew Uruguay would go on and win it in the penalty shoot out, but i don't think it was cheating the guy handled the ball on the line, its more of an insticnk reaction more than anything, but what makes me confused about penalty shoot outs is the goalie, he always seems to dive to one side or another, if he stands up in all 5 penalties he is guaranteed to save 2 or more, because out of the 5 penalties Uruguay took last night 2 or 3 of them went down the middle of the goal or just to the side of the goalie, there for he would have stopped 2 penalties!
    yea...but if the goalie stands still the takers will slot then into the corner ..he has to gamble

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    We will have to wait for one of the "important" football countries to call for this before anything gets done about it as FIFA dont take notice of the "little" countries.
    You are right...but as long as the big countries bring more money to the table than the smaller ones thats the way it is always going to to be.There is far to much bias in football and i firmly believe that fifa needs to look at itself and do a complete overhaul of the rules of the game.Football is lagging way behind in the technology stakes and it must embrace it as some of the refereeing at this world cup has been absymal.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    You are right...but as long as the big countries bring more money to the table than the smaller ones thats the way it is always going to to be.There is far to much bias in football and i firmly believe that fifa needs to look at itself and do a complete overhaul of the rules of the game.Football is lagging way behind in the technology stakes and it must embrace it as some of the refereeing at this world cup has been absymal.
    Well it looks like they are going to introduce goal line technology to some extent at least but this is only because of Englands disallowed goal against Germany.They did absoutely nothing after the Henry handball incident last November to mention just one case so as long as Blatter is in charge there will be no radical changes to the game.Maybe its time for a younger man to take over someone who is not afraid to shake up the game.
    The Truth is out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12