Thread: Trying to catch a kerry lad

Reviews

Default Trying to catch a kerry lad

Next time you think your hotel bill is too high, you might want to consider this:
    My wife and I were travelling a long distance by car. After almost eleven hours on the road, we were too tired to continue and decide to take a room. But we only planned to sleep for four hours and then get back on the road. When we checked out four hours later, the desk clerk handed us a bill for €250.00.

I exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high. I told the clerk that, although it's a nice hotel, the rooms certainly weren't worth €250.00. The clerk told me that €250.00 was the 'standard rate'. I insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appeared, listened to me, and then explained that the hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre that were available for us to use. 'But we didn't use them.' ''Well, they are here, and you could have,' explained the Manager.

He went on to explain we could also have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel is famous. 'We have the best entertainers from New York, Hollywood and Las Vegas perform here,' the Manager says.

'But we didn't go to any of those shows.' 'Well, we have them, and you could have,' the Manager replied.

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, I replied 'But we didn't use it!'

The Manager was unmoved, and eventually I gave up and agreed to pay. I wrote a cheque and gave it to the Manager. He was surprised when he looked at the cheque. 'But sir, this cheque is only made out for €50.00.' 'That's correct, as I charged you €200.00 for sleeping with my wife.'

'But I didn't!' exclaimed the Manager.

'Well, too bad. She was here, and you could have.'
    Trying to catch a kerry lad think again.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kerry lad in town For This Useful Post:

ksteve (29-06-10), wanted the best 69 (30-06-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kerry lad in town View Post
    Next time you think your hotel bill is too high, you might want to consider this:
    My wife and I were travelling a long distance by car. After almost eleven hours on the road, we were too tired to continue and decide to take a room. But we only planned to sleep for four hours and then get back on the road. When we checked out four hours later, the desk clerk handed us a bill for €250.00.

I exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high. I told the clerk that, although it's a nice hotel, the rooms certainly weren't worth €250.00. The clerk told me that €250.00 was the 'standard rate'. I insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appeared, listened to me, and then explained that the hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre that were available for us to use. 'But we didn't use them.' ''Well, they are here, and you could have,' explained the Manager.

He went on to explain we could also have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel is famous. 'We have the best entertainers from New York, Hollywood and Las Vegas perform here,' the Manager says.

'But we didn't go to any of those shows.' 'Well, we have them, and you could have,' the Manager replied.

The Manager was unmoved, and eventually I gave up and agreed to pay. I wrote a cheque and gave it to the Manager. He was surprised when he looked at the cheque. 'But sir, this cheque is only made out for €50.00.' 'That's correct, as I charged you €200.00 for sleeping with my wife.'

very good

Reviews

Nice one Kerrylad.
    The Truth is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kerry lad in town View Post

i can΄t stop laughing.very good