Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spain/Portugal

Reviews

portugal were too defensive minded, they showed no imagination and deserve to be out, pity Torres is off form , he appears to be carrying an injury

Actually I think that picture is a sort of trick, if you draw a clear line across the field when he actually plays the ball, I think he really is onside.

Nope, his whole left leg was offside. Sorry Blonde Chick Nikky, if technology was in this world cup like it probably will be next time it would be offside.

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    portugal were too defensive minded, they showed no imagination and deserve to be out, pity Torres is off form , he appears to be carrying an injury
    difficult for torres if he is injured he already is hampered by the huge chip he is carrying all season and his bottom lip which he will trip over soon.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    He doesn't get paid for it? Really?

Guys... this is a joke. People are saying Villa was offside now.... sweet mother of god what a joke.

Let me re-phase that he does'nt get paid as much as he does for his club and judging by the pic viila is 2-3 yards offside.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Nope, his whole left leg was offside. Sorry Blonde Chick Nikky, if technology was in this world cup like it probably will be next time it would be offside.

Don't think they will go down that road honestly,i think it is more goal-line technology that they are looking at but i think the rules of the game must be reviewed sooner rather than later.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

im just glad that THE wanker RONALDO, once more, won nothing. he is overrated.
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

Well i think they should start with the new technology and also have the ref behind the goal. It would help a lot. I think that Portuguese was better in the first half and was pushing. It changed in the sedond and Spain was obviously better and it was right they won. Who do you think will win the world cup? I can’t decide…. But i would be able to set together dream team from the guys from all teams Of course from those the most hot players and most famous Haha, girly thinking, isn’t it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blond chick NIKKY For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (30-06-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Blond chick NIKKY View Post
    Well i think they should start with the new technology and also have the ref behind the goal. It would help a lot. I think that Portuguese was better in the first half and was pushing. It changed in the sedond and Spain was obviously better and it was right they won. Who do you think will win the world cup? I can’t decide…. But i would be able to set together dream team from the guys from all teams Of course from those the most hot players and most famous Haha, girly thinking, isn’t it?
    Yeah, the best place for the referee is undoubtedly behind the goal. I'm sure he can see through the netting and to the far end of the pitch. I know what you mean, like an umpire. I would vastly prefer technology though. But I wouldn't like technology to cut out the fine art of diving. I think diving is a legitimate thing to try, it's something you can try and see if you get away with it. Why should deceiving the referee be any different to deceiving your opponents? It's a part of the game.... and I would almost be inclined to leave things like Henry's handball up to the referee as well. Because the player engineered to do that himself, it wasn't something like the ball going over the line or a dozy linesman forgetting about the offside rule.

Portugal had lots of chances in the first half, and were arguably the better team for a long time as they got the clear cut chances even if not as much possession. Casillos in goal saved Spain on a couple of occasions.

I think Brazil will win, because they tore apart Chile when Spain couldn't and Spain lost against Switzerland. Spain are too up and down, they might win if they get a bit of luck. I want Netherlands to win, because I had a free bet left over and put it on them at 7/1.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 30-06-10 at 16:04.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234