Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: depression

1. Default

Wow I though you were invincible. I am depressed and have being for a while and know how it is . As u say talking is the cure, I hope u feel better soon , I think u will..

Blog Entries

I also think that ppl are burning themselves out mentally by making a huge deal out of the small things that arent really big deals.

this will fry a persons brain,
    Westside.

PS i am not saying that this is the case with anyone in particular but simply pointing it out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Two sons were reared by an abusive father who drank excessively, abused the family and was a downright bastard all round. One son turned out just like his father while the other son turned out the complete opposite of his father. Both sons were interviewed about this and neither of them knew that the other was interviewed.The main q in the interview was as follows,

How did you end up the way you are?

Now get this , both sons ,both of them answered the exact same thing,

"how could i have ended up any different with a father like that".

This shows how a person thinks and sees himself ,creates the life he wants.I am blue in the face from saying it to ppl that there is an enormous tendency for a person to become what they think. I am lucky enough to be in touch with a few damn good ppl by email. One is a guy who was given last rites three times late last year. this guy just drills forward with no time for dwelling on negatives for long and jesus he has it bad.

Westside.
    That's why i've said that what you think is what you are and what you get!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BitchHunter View Post

Any trained therapist will tell you the last thing you want these people to do is meditate and dwell on what's bothering them.
    And how does a therapist do his work again? You dont know what meditation is either because it has nothing to do with dwelling on anything. In fact its single mindedness.

With me its like this. I will go up against shit in life but im fucked if anything will knock me. Any probs or shit i had and will have in my life i simply deal with it or forget it whichever suits me better.The best example of anyone dealing with shit was my father who hadnt an easy life at all. It would have being simple for this guy who had to rear three stubborn cunts of kids by himself to feel miserable, it would have being easy for him to feel miserable when he was in intensive care for nine weeks and given little chance of surviving and it would have being easy for him to feel miserable when he was dying of cancer 20 years later.Yet not once did i ever hear this man complain,or get down or let his humour or smile disappear.It was always chin up and fuck ahead with him. There are others like this too. I only use this as the best eg that i can think of.

Sure some are dealt a hard hand in life and i would personally help any of those ppl out if they needed it but alot of ppl need to learn to help themselves and understand that shit happens sometimes and when it does you have a choice of whether to do the best you can with the hand your dealt or fall aprt and it really is that simple.I could think of lots of reasons why my life might suck right now but i could also think of just as many reasons why my life is fantastic.Guess which ones i dwell on?

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BitchHunter View Post
    You don't know what depression is, you know what "sad" is. People who suffer from clinical depression have little or no control over how they feel.
    Is obvious you know what depression is,so you know that ppl don't get depressed by night!They don't wake up in the morning and say "hey,i've just realised that i am depressed".Depression comes in time and starts with sadness.At that stage ppl still have control over thoughts and feelings!If they would try more to control that ,they would not get to suffer from clinical depression!And if somebody is still able to recognize that is suffering from depression,then is still able to have control on his thoughts and feelings,because for exemple a schizophrenic will never say"I am schizofrenic,nice to meet you!"
    Last edited by JessicaJessy; 28-06-10 at 22:00.

Reviews

Alot of people here don't seem to know what depression is. He's not just in a bad mood ffs.....the poor guy was having sucicidal thoughts. You don't just say "that's not good....better think of something else".

This is why I said I wouldn't post it here. There are a few that had experiance with it and gave excellent advice. But the ones who are talking the most, don't have a fucking clue! Hopefully Harry can make the distinction.

Good luck Harry......

Reviews

Depression can takes years to come out in a anyones personallity,sometimes due to repressed feelings,possibly in sometimes in their genealogy as with the case of my family.Sometimes it can take years to admit you have a problem but talking about is the greatest step anyone can take.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessy View Post
    Is obvious you know what depression is,so you know that ppl don't get depressed by night!They don't wake up in the morning and say "hey,i've just realised that i am depresset".Depression comes in time and starts with sadness.At that stage ppl still have control over thoughts and feelings!If they would try more to control that ,they would not get to suffer from clinical depression!And if somebody is still able to recognize that is suffering from depression,then is still able to have control on his thoughts and feelings,because for exemple a schizophrenic will never say"I am schizofrenic!
    Heres the difference,

Someone whose depressed; The weather is shit....................i cant go out.................im stuck in all day............tommorrow might be the same..........and so forth.

Someone who isnt depressed;
    The weather is shit.

Thats the difference except the depressed person goes on like this for weeks on end or months on end where it becames habitual.In most cases it pretty much boils down to this.Notice both ppl had the same circumstance - shit weather.Both had the same thought about it but its the reaction and feeling from the thought is what made the difference.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Depression can takes years to come out in a anyones personallity,sometimes due to repressed feelings,possibly in sometimes in their genealogy as with the case of my family.Sometimes it can take years to admit you have a problem but talking about is the greatest step anyone can take.
    Years you never get back.

lifes too short for it,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Alot of people here don't seem to know what depression is. He's not just in a bad mood ffs.....the poor guy was having sucicidal thoughts. You don't just say "that's not good....better think of something else".

This is why I said I wouldn't post it here. There are a few that had experiance with it and gave excellent advice. But the ones who are talking the most, don't have a fucking clue! Hopefully Harry can make the distinction.

Good luck Harry......
    Or maybe that people have more clue than what you think and had experience with it,but they just sorted in a different way!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast