Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 161

Thread: depression

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,870
    Reviews
    24

    Default depression

    depression has anyone here ever being suffering from depression i have been in a bad way over the last few weeks up's and downs crying for no reason knowing to myself not being able to concentrate on my job it got so bad that i had to take sick leave untill further notice the worse thing i did was to drink with my medication and i became somone that i didn't like i lashed out at people that was trying to help me i am sober now and just wanted to talk about this and i am very sorry to the people that i hurt you know who you are anyon ever feel like this please talk about it and don't bottle it up inside for too long i hope to be back on track again soon...........

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dirty Harry For This Useful Post:

    Experienced Punter esq (27-06-10), JohnRambo (28-06-10), luther (27-06-10), MET-RX (27-06-10), Milfminx (27-06-10), Nicole (27-06-10), Patricia (27-06-10), Prickly (27-06-10), Rayden (27-06-10), rover (27-06-10), spur (27-06-10), Stella (27-06-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,652
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    I find my mood goes up and down, not so severely that it is a major problem for me thankfully, but enough that I understand depression some. I think maybe it's partly a female thing with me. Jokes about PMT etc aside, I think there are certain times every month when I just feel really low and I wonder if that is hormonal, though it doesn't follow a perfect pattern enough for me to put it down to straight PMT. I get triggered by certain things too. Some things just get me down more than they should and as soon as one of my trigger things happens, I get low for a while. And the thing is, it's not until you can get out of the depression some that you can see you were in it, as when you are in it you just feel like your whole life is shit and the only thing you are being for feeling that way is realistic.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patricia For This Useful Post:

    Dirty Harry (27-06-10), Nicole (27-06-10), rover (27-06-10)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,282
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    depression has anyone here ever being suffering from depression i have been in a bad way over the last few weeks up's and downs crying for no reason knowing to myself not being able to concentrate on my job it got so bad that i had to take sick leave untill further notice the worse thing i did was to drink with my medication and i became somone that i didn't like i lashed out at people that was trying to help me i am sober now and just wanted to talk about this and i am very sorry to the people that i hurt you know who you are anyon ever feel like this please talk about it and don't bottle it up inside for too long i hope to be back on track again soon...........
    It's good to talk about it Harry, I'm sorry to hear that you're a little bit down, I'm in a similar situation, people close to me are saying that I should see somebody, but I feel that I am the eternal optimist and definately do not suffer from depression. To be honest, the only time I feel depressed, is when I haven't got the spondulas for a punt, I'm obsessed with the escorting business and can't get enough of it, all these beautiful women out there, oh for the time and the money to see as many escorts as MrFussy our leading punter, I wish I was in his shoes. So I can't really give you any advice Harry, as I'm not qualified, so all I can say is hang in there buddy and get the help if you think you need it.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to rover For This Useful Post:

    Dirty Harry (27-06-10)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not fucking limerick anyway!!
    Posts
    2,054
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    depression has anyone here ever being suffering from depression i have been in a bad way over the last few weeks up's and downs crying for no reason knowing to myself not being able to concentrate on my job it got so bad that i had to take sick leave untill further notice the worse thing i did was to drink with my medication and i became somone that i didn't like i lashed out at people that was trying to help me i am sober now and just wanted to talk about this and i am very sorry to the people that i hurt you know who you are anyon ever feel like this please talk about it and don't bottle it up inside for too long i hope to be back on track again soon...........
    This is a really serious problem Harry. This is not the place to seek solice. I hope you're getting real help. When you're taking it out on people who care about you, that's means you're in trouble and should get professional help.

    I wish you the best.....

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,511
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    I agree with debest on this one,professional help is the only way to go.I have never suffered depression myself but some of my family have and their only option was to go see a phyciatrist.Don't ignore the problem,trust me if it continues to go on it will only get worse.Good luck.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,652
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    This is not the place to seek solice. I hope you're getting real help. When you're taking it out on people who care about you, that's means you're in trouble and should get professional help.
    I think suggesting getting professional help is good advice, but I don't see a problem with asking about issues like this on E-I. Different things work for different people. Obviously this is not the place to get professional help and that is often what is needed most in a situation like this, but I would hate E-I to be a place where people can't share things like this, because it is too hostile and unfriendly an environment. By posting here Harry is recognising that he has a problem and sharing his experience. Others here can probably understand his situation some or relate. It may even lead to others here evaluating their own situation and realising they too are struggling with a real problem. I hope Harry gets some advice which is useful or at the least some friendly understanding.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patricia For This Useful Post:

    Dirty Harry (27-06-10), poggo (27-06-10)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    I suffered a bit when I was let go from work.
    Felt very dark and down a lot.
    Drank a fair bit and had very bad thoughts about my ex boss, etc.
    They only way of helping is to talk about it.
    Either to friends and family or to a professional.
    First step is knowing you have a problem and then wanting to get it fixed.

    Hard part is admiting it dude. Now that you have, go out and do something about it.

    Best of luck dude!!

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I think suggesting getting professional help is good advice, but I don't see a problem with asking about issues like this on E-I. Different things work for different people. Obviously this is not the place to get professional help and that is often what is needed most in a situation like this, but I would hate E-I to be a place where people can't share things like this, because it is too hostile and unfriendly an environment. By posting here Harry is recognising that he has a problem and sharing his experience. Others here can probably understand his situation some or relate. It may even lead to others here evaluating their own situation and realising they too are struggling with a real problem. I hope Harry gets some advice which is useful or at the least some friendly understanding.
    What's wrong with letting the people here know that you have a problem like this.
    a. It helps others who can relat to you.
    b. Someone else probably has gone through the same and will guide you in the right direction.

    I look at some of the people here as friends. I may not know their real names or hang out in a pub with them but I respect their opinions and advice!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mymisters For This Useful Post:

    Milfminx (27-06-10)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,576
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    depression has anyone here ever being suffering from depression i have been in a bad way over the last few weeks up's and downs crying for no reason knowing to myself not being able to concentrate on my job it got so bad that i had to take sick leave untill further notice the worse thing i did was to drink with my medication and i became somone that i didn't like i lashed out at people that was trying to help me i am sober now and just wanted to talk about this and i am very sorry to the people that i hurt you know who you are anyon ever feel like this please talk about it and don't bottle it up inside for too long i hope to be back on track again soon...........

    Feel free to pm me whenever. I rarely suffer from depression and it would take an awful lot to have me down. Im not blessed with this.I learned it from expericence.

    Westside.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

    Dirty Harry (27-06-10)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,425
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Patricia is right, although this isn't the place to get professional help, a release of any kind is a help and talking to anybody, even in the format here is a help. It's nice to know when you're feeling like this you're not alone and not the only one. Personally I've suffered in the past and have also been going through a bit of a bad spell lately and for some people a place like this can be a bit of a sactuary. It's important to recognise that you have a problem, it's symtoms and effects. Many people go their whole lives suffering from depression, stress and anxiety and never know it........

    It can be as simple as just sitting down and talking to somebody..........

    Best of luck Harry..........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

    Dirty Harry (27-06-10), Milfminx (27-06-10)

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •