Thread: Trocaire voluntaries

Default Trocaire voluntaries

I was sitting at home a while ago watching TV and my door bell rang. I opened the door to find 3 Trocaire voluntaries looking for me to sign up to donate money to Haiti. when I informed the first one I am on the dole the next one the next one started on about a different plan that was cheaper, again I said on the dole no money. then for the third one to start. I just had to insult them. I taught for 3 voluntaries to turn up on a door step a bit much.
    If I was a older person I could have felt intimidated.

I wont be donating money to Trocaire any time soon after this
    Last edited by up for it; 25-06-10 at 20:19. Reason: change a Y to an E

Blog Entries

Default I was walking through town before

Quote Originally Posted by up for it View Post
    I was sitting at home a while ago watching TV and my door bell rang. I opened the door to find 3 Trocaire voluntaries looking for me to sign up to donate money to Haiti. when I informed the first one I am on the dole the next one the next one started on about a different plan that was cheaper, again I said on the dole no money. then for the third one to start. I just had to insult them. I taught for 3 voluntaries to turn up on a door step a bit much.
    If I was a older person I could have felt intimidated.

and this guys wanted a donation for the Pakistani earthquake i think it was. A fuckin nuclear power?

i told him to f off,
    Westside.

Reviews

If they were volunteers then I wouldn't be too harsh with them. Firm, but not harsh. Most of the ones collecting money outside churches, supermarkets etc are volunteers that give up free-time without any pay to do what can be a hard job. Never heard about them going door-to-door before. Might it have been a scam? Did you ask for ID?

The ones that p*ss me off are the on-commission pains in the ass chuggers that harrass you as you are walking down the street. The ones who want to shake your hand and pretend to be your best friend. Hypocritical F***ers. It should be perfectly legal to punch them in the head if they block your way.

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    If they were volunteers then I wouldn't be too harsh with them. Firm, but not harsh. Most of the ones collecting money outside churches, supermarkets etc are volunteers that give up free-time without any pay to do what can be a hard job. Never heard about them going door-to-door before. Might it have been a scam? Did you ask for ID?

The ones that p*ss me off are the on-commission pains in the ass chuggers that harrass you as you are walking down the street. The ones who want to shake your hand and pretend to be your best friend. Hypocritical F***ers. It should be perfectly legal to punch them in the head if they block your way.
    yes the all had Trocaire T-shirts and they all had Trocaire badages with name and picture and Charity number around there neck.
    if it had only been one preson and 2 of them had stayed on the foothpath i would have passed no remarks but 3 at hte door was to much

Reviews

I agree, this absolutely outrages me. If I ever donate my money to charity, I'll do it on my own terms, I will not be giving my bank details to some bastard on the street or at my front door. The cheek of charities to expect us to pay by direct debit!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I agree, this absolutely outrages me. If I ever donate my money to charity, I'll do it on my own terms, I will not be giving my bank details to some bastard on the street or at my front door. The cheek of charities to expect us to pay by direct debit!!!
    I feel the same there is no way i am giving my bank account details to anyone.If someone asks me for a couple of euro i have no problem but when they start calling you buddy,friend is what pisses me off.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by up for it View Post
    I am on the dole.

Yet you have money for punting

Reviews

I was approached on the street once by someone wanting me to sign up for concern. I tried to put her off saying I had no bank details with me. She said the banks only down the road you can go in and ask. I just let on I'd be back later. I took the other road going home. I hate this pushiness. I also got phonecalls from other charities like amnesty international wanting me to sell tickets. I don't like been put on the spot. If I wanted to donate or collect I would approach them. Their getting too mcuh like eircom and companies like that trying to push you into something you don't want to do.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Quote Originally Posted by johnmurphy View Post
    Yet you have money for punting
    i havent been punting in a while. €200 pre week dosent get much in the way of rent, food, car, let alone punting aswell

i have no problem donating money when i want not when they say i should

YA this is all fucking disgraceful I signed up a friend asked me to give so I Gave 20 a month to a charity, a year after signing up I passed a fella recently collecting for the same charity in the city centre he asked me to sign up I said 'I'm with u guys already'' as I passed by he said ''Why not give a little more'' I called him a smart arse told him thats the last penny ye'll get from me I withdrew my support immediately....