Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholes to retire

Reviews

Default Scholes to retire

Paul scholes has announced that he will be retiring at the end of new season.I am not a utd supporter but he is the comsunate professional and a player i greatly admire.No airs or graces from one of the greatest players in the game.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Scholes reveals retirement plans
    I have lived a life of regrets.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

BruceAlmighty (24-06-10)

Reviews

Ouch - as a United fan that hurts as Fergie hasn't replaced him and there doesn't seem to be much cash available at the moment....
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
    Ouch - as a United fan that hurts as Fergie hasn't replaced him and there doesn't seem to be much cash available at the moment....
    I take it the news as come as a blow,brucie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

BruceAlmighty (24-06-10)

Reviews

Scholesy is a gem , fair play to him for announcing it and letting the United fans know in advance . Expect Fergie to sign Joe Cole after WC , even after saying United weren't interested in him
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Fergie will not be signing cole,can't afford his wages.Judging by their transfers so far they are looking more at hot prospects in favour of more established stars,smalling,hernandez etc...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I take it the news as come as a blow,brucie
    Indeed - hadn't heard it before. Me sad....
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Reviews

Not a United fan (or a fan of any team) but I love Scholes. What a great player....England should have built the team around him while they had the chance and not Beckham. His partnership with Keane was one of the best ever. But he's right to retire....he can only put in a handful of good performances these days and that must be frustrating for a great player.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

BruceAlmighty (24-06-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Not a United fan (or a fan of any team) but I love Scholes. What a great player....England should have built the team around him while they had the chance and not Beckham. His partnership with Keane was one of the best ever. But he's right to retire....he can only put in a handful of good performances these days and that must be frustrating for a great player.
    Yeah there were times that you could see he was struggling to impose himself on some games which must hurt a player of his quality.

top player

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kingbill View Post
    top player
    You're nearly at that magical 10th post! How exciting!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast