Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scholes to retire

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    That's the way it should be. He's competitive.....he's not bitter towards the new generation.
    united are the most hated club in england ...and yet tell me one pro fotty player with a bad word to say about scholes...he was never a dirty player ...granted he was and still is a shocking bad man to tackle....but he never tried to hurt a player....i hate to agree with debest it leaves a taste in my mouth......

And the frequency of those rash and dangerous tackles has increased the older he has gotten, which leads me to believe that there is a bitter streak to Scholes towards the next generation of player coming through.

absolute bullshit dom!

i know scholesy personally and hes family and thers not a bad bone in that mans body a pure gentleman on and off the field!
    yea he cant tackle for shit, but he doesnt intend to hurt anybody!

He hasn't been the same since he appeared alongside Russel Brand on the 8th season of Big Brothers Big mouth
    The Prince of Perversion.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy View Post
    And the frequency of those rash and dangerous tackles has increased the older he has gotten, which leads me to believe that there is a bitter streak to Scholes towards the next generation of player coming through.

absolute bullshit dom!

i know scholesy personally and hes family and thers not a bad bone in that mans body a pure gentleman on and off the field!

yea he cant tackle for shit, but he doesnt intend to hurt anybody!
    Goofy, if you can just get over the name dropping, tell me a player who is a professional for over a decade and can't tackle?
    Other than Paul Scholes!!

Its bullshit.
    If you can remember back to when he broke through to the united team he was accused of not being able to head a ball.
    But he obviously worked on it and learnt to time his runs late into the box so that he became a threat from crosses.
    You really believe a club of United's stature would tolerate any player choosing to ignore a vital part of the game that they are weak at??

As for other people on here claiming he's just competitive.
    Fine.
    He wouldn't have had the fantastic career he has done or won all he has without being competitive.
    But there are plenty of players who are competetivve - but FAIR and CLEAN.
    And there are plenty of players who are competitive and cross a line, but at least they admit to it.

I'm not necessarily accusing Scholes of creating this story of not being able to tackle.
    I believe that was done by Sky Sports.
    But I doubt he would be accused of anything other than being dirty if he was any nationality other than English.
    I'm thinking Roy Keane, Craig Bellamy, Vinny Jones, Robbie Savage, and so on.
    I'm not claiming any of these players have or had Scholes' ability but thats my point - the media don't want one of the few English players in the modern game entitled to be regarded as World Class to also be considered dirty.

So we have Paul Scholes, midfield maestro... and isn't it gas how he never mastered the art of tackling!

dom
    Last edited by dom; 26-06-10 at 23:06.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Goofy, if you can just get over the name dropping, tell me a player who is a professional for over a decade and can't tackle?
    Other than Paul Scholes!!

Its bullshit.
    If you can remember back to when he broke through to the united team he was accused of not being able to head a ball.
    But he obviously worked on it and learnt to time his runs late into the box so that he became a threat from crosses.
    You really believe a club of United's stature would tolerate any player choosing to ignore a vital part of the game that they are weak at??

As for other people on here claiming he's just competitive.
    Fine.
    He wouldn't have had the fantastic career he has done or won all he has without being competitive.
    But there are plenty of players who are competetivve - but FAIR and CLEAN.
    And there are plenty of players who are competitive and cross a line, but at least they admit to it.

I'm not necessarily accusing Scholes of creating this story of not being able to tackle.
    I believe that was done by Sky Sports.
    But I doubt he would be accused of anything other than being dirty if he was any nationality other than English.
    I'm thinking Roy Keane, Craig Bellamy, Vinny Jones, Robbie Savage, and so on.
    I'm not claiming any of these players have or had Scholes' ability but thats my point - the media don't want one of the few English players in the modern game entitled to be regarded as World Class to also be considered dirty.

So we have Paul Scholes, midfield maestro... and isn't it gas how he never mastered the art of tackling!

dom
    Yes you're right....it is a mass conspiricy by the English media and football elite to keep the smaller nations of the Britsh Isles in there place. How did I not see this before?? Bastards!!

Reviews

It's a better than what you normally have.....Cock!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123