Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Duddy

Reviews

Duddy lost a wide unanimous decision. One judge didn't give him a round.....I gave him 1 round and the rest to Chavez.

Chavez impressed me for once. First 3 rounds he drummed home the jab with straight rights ( Duddy has always been a sucker for the right down the pipe) and some left hooks. Once he realised that Duddy couldn't hurt him and he was stronger, he started to hold his ground. From the 7th round on the fight was no longer competitive, with Chavez dishing out a beating putting John on the back foot. In the 9th Duddy showed what a tough SOB he is by taking every shot in the book, the same in the 12th. He showed the heart of a champion to see the end, but he doesn't have the skills of a champion.

I think he should come back to Ireland and set up big domestic fights with Lee and Macklin, then retire. He has no where to go now, unless he wants to keep taking bad beatings.

As for Chavez jr....I was very impressed. He has Freddy Roach in his corner and he looked in great shape. If he keeps fighting regularly and turns up in shape, he might make a fan out of me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

luther (27-06-10)

Reviews

Thank db on the synopsis - was hoping to get to Neptune sat night for the boxing show featuring Andy Murray,Big Bang,local Spike and our three cuban lads but got roped into a family get-together which was a pain in the ass .

To be honest,i hadn't realised that roach was to be in chavez corner until photo shot in this week's boxing news ; at least ,the fight wasn't a controversial hometown decision .

As you say,Duddy is as well returning home now for a round robin of Lee and Macklin while there's still a bit of financial reward available.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

debest (28-06-10)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123