Thread: Does this stuff have any effect on ppl?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Question Does this stuff have any effect on ppl?

Just found this commercial made by Yul Brynner on anti smoking and shown after his death from lung cancer.This was 1985.

Whats missing in these adverts and campaigns? Byrnner is forgotten unless you think of the mag 7 or some film he stared in.He certainly isnt remembered for this commercial. whats missing in these that ppl take no notice of them?

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Reviews

One of mans greatest flaws is his stupidity, plain and simple and couple that with the fact we were bestowed with the ability to make our own choices, no matter how many oozing arteries or black lungs you get shown by some dying celebrity in an ad, if someone wants to smoke, they will, my humble opinion anyway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Navillus04 View Post
    One of mans greatest flaws is his stupidity, plain and simple and couple that with the fact we were bestowed with the ability to make our own choices, no matter how many oozing arteries or black lungs you get shown by some dying celebrity in an ad, if someone wants to smoke, they will, my humble opinion anyway
    True but my mother died a few years before this commercial from lung cancer (she didnt smoke by the way) and still this commercial means nothing to me. There is something missing.

Westside.

Reviews

Im sorry to hear that

Although i dont smoke, the commercials mean nothing to me either, they dont put me off smoking or make me think, ooh there's a killer habit, avoid smokers at all costs, blah blah blah, im just thinking, in particular with this commercial, is Yul Brynner part Vulcan?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Navillus04 View Post
    Im sorry to hear that

Although i dont smoke, the commercials mean nothing to me either, they dont put me off smoking or make me think, ooh there's a killer habit, avoid smokers at all costs, blah blah blah, im just thinking, in particular with this commercial, is Yul Brynner part Vulcan?
    I dont mean it like that at all. you would think it would have some meaning to me or some effect on me but it doesnt and i reckon it would be the same for most ppl. Maybe its because he is an actor maybe.

dont know,
    Westside.

Reviews

Maybe because you have experienced lung cancer with what happened to your mother, on a sub conscious level, you are thinking, that this disease just doesnt occur in smokers but people who have never smoked in their life? so maybe you're not sucked in as much as others?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Just found this commercial made by Yul Brynner on anti smoking and shown after his death from lung cancer.This was 1985.

Whats missing in these adverts and campaigns? Byrnner is forgotten unless you think of the mag 7 or some film he stared in.He certainly isnt remembered for this commercial. whats missing in these that ppl take no notice of them?

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    It frightened the shite out of me, I was off them for 12 years and have recently, er not that recently gone back on them, I'm a fool, because I have a lung disorder beginning with Emp (don't know how to spell it). It is about choices, you can choose to live or choose to die.

Rover R.I.P.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rover For This Useful Post:

benin (24-06-10)

Reviews

Easy now lads, don't get hysterical. Have a fag, it'll calm you down

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Easy now lads, don't get hysterical. Have a fag, it'll calm you down

Thanks Mousey, I don't mind if I do.

Once a prick - always a prick.