Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the world cup showing up players for what they really are

Reviews

Default Is the world cup showing up players for what they really are

In my humble opinion the constant brainwashing from sky sports and the brittish red top media have labelled the Premiership the so called best league in the world. Judging from performances by some of the marquee players ,i think they are actually behind some of the leagues.

Blog Entries

the premiership has become too much of a buisiness i guess. I dont watch it but thats the only clue i could have.

Westside.

Reviews

What leagues is it behind?? Spain is the only one who can make such a claim and that's only in the last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    What leagues is it behind?? Spain is the only one who can make such a claim and that's only in the last year.
    He is going by their performances in the World cup.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    He is going by their performances in the World cup.

Westside.
    You can't judge a league by the World Cup. Hell....you can't really judge a player by the World Cup. If you did Miroslav Klose would be considered a greater player than Kenny Dalglish or Jimmy Greaves. It can be misleading.

I think what it tells you is that a lot of top players aren't very patriotic and prefer club football. I don't blame them for that.

Reviews

and that's only in the last year.

Why only in the last year .
    As for leagues its behind or maybe on par with , what about south american leagues or the bundesliga.

Reviews

I think what it tells you is that a lot of top players aren't very patriotic and prefer club football. I don't blame them for that.
    As westsidex said earlier the premiership has become much of a business and the players are being guided more and more by the walllet than the love for the game . Nothing to do with patriotism as you have suggested because if players still loved the game the would want to well in every game they play be it for club or country.

actually the premiership has most players at the world cup

but.............and most people never seem to understand this- no matter how much of a football fan they call themself- Football is a team game ..............TEAM !!!!!!!! as the greatest manager of them all said

Bob Paisley - A football team can be compared to a piano 8 to carry it and 3 to play it.

so you can have all the marquee players you want but they are a complete waste of space if the dont have the boys doing the spadework around them.

and in international football teams have a minimum amount of team to get used to playing with each other

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post

Why only in the last year .
    As for leagues its behind or maybe on par with , what about south american leagues or the bundesliga.
    Ya....I was off with saying in the last year. But barca are even more over-rated than any English team and Real are the anti-christ. They don't have strenght in depth anymore. Remember about 10 years back when they had Real, Barca, Valencia, Deportivo all challenging....that was a quality league. They've nothing like that now. They're league is just as over-rated as the premier league.
    I don't agree at all about the other leagues....name one world class player playing in South America.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    As westsidex said earlier the premiership has become much of a business and the players are being guided more and more by the walllet than the love for the game . Nothing to do with patriotism as you have suggested because if players still loved the game the would want to well in every game they play be it for club or country.
    I don't blame them for that. I prefer money over football.....don't you?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast