Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the world cup showing up players for what they really are

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    how many teams have challenged in the premier league over the last ten years. 3 teams i suggest , 1 more than what challenges in scotland every year and the have 8 less teams than premiership.

You are judging the quality of a league on how teams challenge for title where as i base it on the quality of football.
    Spain only have 2 teams challenging most years.....Barcelona and Madrid have never been relegated and never will. At least the Premier League share the TV money fairly, in Spain Real and Barca take something like 80% of it. I think Seville made a protest over it a couple of years back.
    Out from Barca and Real, who are the top quality teams in Spain?? Are you still saying that some South American leagues are better than the English leagues?? Who are the world class players playing there?? You seem to be only picking part of my posts to reply to....then announce that I judge leagues on how many teams challenge. When I didn't once say that.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Apparently the german league is catching up quickly making huge profits over the last year.
    Maybe they will catch up in a few years, but I doubt it. How many world class players play there? You can probably count them on one hand.

Reviews

In another few years the top players won't be coming to the pl.The likes of fabregas.torres and gerrard are unlikely to be in the PL much longer.It will soon become like thre italian league.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

In another few years the top players won't be coming to the pl.The likes of fabregas.torres and gerrard are unlikely to be in the PL much longer.It will soon become like thre italian league.
    Tell me why?? The premier league has never brought in the really top names like a prime Zidane or Ronaldo or Batistuta, they bring them in young and make them into stars ie. C.Ronaldo or Fabregas or they take them when they've failed somewhere else and turn their careers around ie. Bergkamp or Henry. This will continue.....there is no reason why it shouldn't. If people want to mention the debt of some clubs....it's the same in every country (out from Germany). The difference is the PL is much better structured organisation than Spain, Italy, France and will cope.

My point remains the same as at the start of the thread....the PL is 2nd best league in the world, not that far behind Spain and well ahead of Germany, Italy, etc......

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Tell me why?? The premier league has never brought in the really top names like a prime Zidane or Ronaldo or Batistuta, they bring them in young and make them into stars ie. C.Ronaldo or Fabregas or they take them when they've failed somewhere else and turn their careers around ie. Bergkamp or Henry. This will continue.....there is no reason why it shouldn't. If people want to mention the debt of some clubs....it's the same in every country (out from Germany). The difference is the PL is much better structured organisation than Spain, Italy, France and will cope.

My point remains the same as at the start of the thread....the PL is 2nd best league in the world, not that far behind Spain and well ahead of Germany, Italy, etc......
    You do make some good points but the leagues you have mentioned are producing better younger players than the english leagues.Grassroots football is lagging way behind the other countries you have mentioned,uefa/fifa introducing home grown quoteas
    english teams will find it harder to find quality young players.

Reviews

You do make some good points but the leagues you have mentioned are producing better younger players than the english leagues.Grassroots football is lagging way behind the other countries you have mentioned,uefa/fifa introducing home grown quoteas
    english teams will find it harder to find quality young players.
    Italy and germany are producing better players than England?? Who? France can't hold onto there young players....it's a selling league. As regards to those UEFA quotas.....I'll believe it when it happens. It's against EU law as far as I'm aware.....at least that's what the big clubs are saying.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Italy and germany are producing better players than England?? Who? France can't hold onto there young players....it's a selling league. As regards to those UEFA quotas.....I'll believe it when it happens. It's against EU law as far as I'm aware.....at least that's what the big clubs are saying.
    The home players quotas law is coming in 2012 as far as i know.The problem with young players in england is that less exceptional talent coming through the ranks and thats why english teams are bringing young talent from france,spain etc... as long as they are 18 they can move where they like.

Reviews

The home players quotas law is coming in 2012 as far as i know.The problem with young players in england is that less exceptional talent coming through the ranks and thats why english teams are bringing young talent from france,spain etc... as long as they are 18 they can move where they like.
    Maybe you're right.....but a batch of gifted players can break through in the space of a couple of years and everything looks different. I don't follow the underage teams anymore so I don't know.....I don't follow football as much anymore either.

Diego Forlan needs to get better

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Corolla View Post
    Diego Forlan needs to get better
    Huh?,he is way better now than he ever was....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast