Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quite a controversial topic...

Exclamation Quite a controversial topic...

Ok everyone,
    i know this topic mightnt be for everyone but what are peoples opinions on paedophiles?
    Before i get pm'ed with death threats, i just wanna say id never ever condone paedophilia or anything non-consensual. I just have an opinion on this and, after recently sharing it with a friend, was surprised that he couldnt see any slight sense in my points... I also know on the boards here we have a very open forum and would love to see what you guys think.
    I am of the opinion that anyone attracted to underage girls or boys have a seriously jaded view of attraction. But i also think they are predisposed to this attraction, either mentally at birth or through whatever negative experiences they've gone through in their life. There must be paedophiles who realise they have a perverted sense of attraction and have never acted on it. Not so long ago, homosexuality was illegal... And I think that they are similiar in the sense that they have been predisposed to this change from the normal sexual attractions,either through their environment growing up or just naturally born with it...
    For me, i have a lot of sympathy for paedophiles who havent acted on their attractions. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. However, i have zero sympathy for anyone who would ever act on these impulses. They deserve more than the law can impose on them. I applaud the treatment of them in prisons.
    I genuinely think these people who don't act on it are victims of circumstance. They must live lonely existences.
    Tough on the outside, sweet and sticky on the inside, and I rarely crumble.

Blog Entries

My take on these ppl is simple enough. We cant have ppl allowed into society who prey on children and its costly to keep them locked up. These ppl are ill and will never get that thought of kids out of their system.

Death penalty,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

i am not sure this thread should be here as there has been a thread on this a few days ago

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jammydodger View Post
    Ok everyone,
    i know this topic mightnt be for everyone but what are peoples opinions on paedophiles?
    Before i get pm'ed with death threats, i just wanna say id never ever condone paedophilia or anything non-consensual. I just have an opinion on this and, after recently sharing it with a friend, was surprised that he couldnt see any slight sense in my points... I also know on the boards here we have a very open forum and would love to see what you guys think.
    I am of the opinion that anyone attracted to underage girls or boys have a seriously jaded view of attraction. But i also think they are predisposed to this attraction, either mentally at birth or through whatever negative experiences they've gone through in their life. There must be paedophiles who realise they have a perverted sense of attraction and have never acted on it. Not so long ago, homosexuality was illegal... And I think that they are similiar in the sense that they have been predisposed to this change from the normal sexual attractions,either through their environment growing up or just naturally born with it...
    For me, i have a lot of sympathy for paedophiles who havent acted on their attractions. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. However, i have zero sympathy for anyone who would ever act on these impulses. They deserve more than the law can impose on them. I applaud the treatment of them in prisons.
    I genuinely think these people who don't act on it are victims of circumstance. They must live lonely existences.
    By the way i dont think that they are anymore attracted to kids as they would be to grown ups. They go for the kids because they know kids are easily swayed and are vulnerable. They wouldnt try it with adults because they would get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    By the way i dont think that they are anymore attracted to kids as they would be to grown ups. They go for the kids because they know kids are easily swayed and are vulnerable. They wouldnt try it with adults because they would get away with it.
    Yeah I can see where youre coming from there, but there are some only attracted to kids. I also agree on your point of the death penalty for paedos who act on it. But do you think there is a difference between, say, homosexuality, and paedophilia? In terms of its a type of attraction different to the social norm. In some countries today, they are treated the same...

Reviews

Yeah I can see where youre coming from there, but there are some only attracted to kids. I also agree on your point of the death penalty for paedos who act on it. But do you think there is a difference between, say, homosexuality, and paedophilia? In terms of its a type of attraction different to the social norm. In some countries today, they are treated the same...
    I think there is a huge difference between homosexuality and paedophilia where this predisposition is acted upon. Homosexual activity involves consenting adults of the same gender, whereas paedophile activity involves the sexual/physical abuse of a minor who probably does not as yet have the mental faculties to give informed consent to what is being done to them. The paedophile may use force or guile to get what they want from a child and to the extent that it is an older person forcing their will on a much younger person who may be in fear, then paedophile activity should be viewed as child rape.

You are right, there probably are some countries that threat homosexual practices on a par with paedophilia............but then, they probably also stone people for adultry and prostitution and cut off hands for theft.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (21-06-10)

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I think there is a huge difference between homosexuality and paedophilia where this predisposition is acted upon. Homosexual activity involves consenting adults of the same gender, whereas paedophile activity involves the sexual/physical abuse of a minor who probably does not as yet have the mental faculties to give informed consent to what is being done to them. The paedophile may use force or guile to get what they want from a child and to the extent that it is an older person forcing their will on a much younger person who may be in fear, then paedophile activity should be viewed as child rape.

You are right, there probably are some countries that threat homosexual practices on a par with paedophilia............but then, they probably also stone people for adultry and prostitution and cut off hands for theft.

I completely agree with what you say, and there is no comparison between consensual and non-consensual relationships, whatever the orientation...
    But, for instance, i have a family friend in his 50s who is gay. However, he is deeply religious and has never acted on this. He has been celibate for decades... Im just saying i have sympathy for people who cant lead happy lives due to their orientation.

9. Default

Ok everyone,
    These guys cannot be rehabilitated as studies have shown even with chemical castration (which is not available here) They still get urges but cannot physically act on it and so often use a different tool etc.
    It is still hard to find sympathy for them even though it appears they are born this way as most are aware what they feel is wrong, they are not sociopaths the most have a conscience

There is no easy answer to this issue and will be ongoing long after we pass on
    The infamous and unique Irish Soairsa lol

Blog Entries

I think there is a huge difference between homosexuality and paedophilia.

like night and day,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default By the way

if you own a dog and he bites someone he is put down so why should a guy who abuses children be allowed walk around.

oh we can register them, plz ffs,
    Westside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast