Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Are Escort Security Guys legal?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default Are Escort Security Guys legal?

    I never really thought about it before because I always agreed with them, they are a good deterrent and if necessary protection for the ladies but are they legal?
    If a problem did arise would they cause more harm than good. Most I would imagine are just big guys picked out for their physical size but how many of them are actually registered security guards which is a legal requirement in this country. If they did have to man handle a guy out of the premises could they not be open to prosecution for assault. Also would the extra person working on the premises make it a brothel in Irish law?
    Just a few concerns I would have, I suppose I am warning the ladies to make sure the guys they are using are registered, the last thing you would want is a guy pressing charges or worse again, him getting away with assaulting you because of a technicality..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    They would need to be like doormen at nightclubs. They would have to do the courses and have the certificate. Two escorts working together is considered illegal. So what would the story be with a security guy with two escorts?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    I don't think it's as simple as doing a course anymore, I think they also have to get a licence from the government which isn't cheap, even then I don't think they are allowed do much, definetly they are not allowed to physically remove someone, as far as I know basically they could protect the lady but would have to call the Gardai if any serious intervention is required??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I never really thought about it before because I always agreed with them, they are a good deterrent and if necessary protection for the ladies but are they legal?
    If a problem did arise would they cause more harm than good. Most I would imagine are just big guys picked out for their physical size but how many of them are actually registered security guards which is a legal requirement in this country. If they did have to man handle a guy out of the premises could they not be open to prosecution for assault. Also would the extra person working on the premises make it a brothel in Irish law?
    Just a few concerns I would have, I suppose I am warning the ladies to make sure the guys they are using are registered, the last thing you would want is a guy pressing charges or worse again, him getting away with assaulting you because of a technicality..
    Interesting points. Technically he would work for the escort but what capacity. He would have the right to remove a person from the premises with the minimum of force just like any other private residence, as an apartment wouldn't be deemed a public place.
    I would also assume it still wouldn't be classed as a brothel if it was him and one girl as he's not engaged in sexual activities.
    Just my opinion though, wouldn't like to stand up in front of a judge to argue them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    But part of the legislation states it is illegal to be "living on earnings of the prostitution of another person" ok that is more directed at pimps but could Security fall into that category?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    But part of the legislation states it is illegal to be "living on earnings of the prostitution of another person" ok that is more directed at pimps but could Security fall into that category?
    And that will apply regardless of licence, training or any other certificates

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nenene View Post
    And that will apply regardless of licence, training or any other certificates
    I agree but I would be more concerned with civil suits rather than the Gardai taking action.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I agree but I would be more concerned with civil suits rather than the Gardai taking action.
    Not if your doing time and have a criminal record you wont!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nenene View Post
    Not if your doing time and have a criminal record you wont!!
    I mean if I was the lady as I don't think the Gardai are too concerned at the moment with ladies hiring security but as always with the Gardai, if something did happen there would be a knee jerk reaction..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    kildare
    Posts
    2,844
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    yes, problem is what the gardai say in the offical stance, and what they say in the real world to an escort, a no names example 2 or 3 years ago a german escort was busted, the usual occured, but on release she ask a garda as to when she could organize a flight, he replied, why sure this is a rugby weekend there will be plenty of business why would want to leave? , that gem was retold to me by an escort,

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to wanted the best 69 For This Useful Post:

    anon361 (20-06-10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •