Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question for all the knowledgeable people here

Blog Entries

Default A question for all the knowledgeable people here

A question for all the knowledgeable people here.

How does one register here as a massage therapist?
    Opening a business is quite easy but I assume there must be other regulations to follow in this area, certain premise hygiene standards, a minimum qualification level etc …

Any useful links in this regard ??? I cannot find much what I'm looking for, only vacancies and courses.

Reviews

I suppose you would find answers here or even send them a mail with your questions?

Considering Working in Ireland as a Therapist

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Sensual Delights (19-06-10)

Reviews

Ooops, I'm really sorry, I just realised you were looking for answers from "knowledgeable people here," i'd better stop posting now

Blog Entries

Thanks Anon, I suppose I could send them a mail with my queries.
    As far as I can see they give details to became employed here, I am looking for info to become self employed, but maybe they would know what to do in this regard too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Ooops, I'm really sorry, I just realised you were looking for answers from "knowledgeable people here," i'd better stop posting now
    Knowing where the knowledge is makes one very very knowledgeable, so post away

Reviews

Found this extract, it says UK but Ireland pretty much mimics what they do..

Most evidence has shown that massage is one of the safest healing arts and that injuries resulting from massage are almost unheard of. For this reason some provinces of Canada like Quebec, as well as countries like Australia, New Zealand and the UK have refused to regulate massage therapy because they have seen no need to restrict an activity that has caused no real harm to the community.

Blog Entries

I am glad to see that people are able sometimes to see things the way they are

There are some contra indications for deep tissue massage & others but nobody ever got hurt by erotic massage, if anything I wish someone would give me one as well

Blog Entries
    Reviews

hi sd
    generally there is no reason why anyone cannot set up, the nearest professional example is a physotherapist, which in this country, comes in 2 forms chartered, and non chartered, this does need certs, but i do not believe this applies to you as you are only offering massage,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wanted the best 69 For This Useful Post:

Sensual Delights (19-06-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wanted the best 69 View Post
    hi sd
    generally there is no reason why anyone cannot set up, the nearest professional example is a physotherapist, which in this country, comes in 2 forms chartered, and non chartered, this does need certs, but i do not believe this applies to you as you are only offering massage,
    Interesting, thanks wtb69. I 'll check this out as well.
    Regarding the "only massages" part, this may change, never sure what the future brings, it is good to have more options if going along this line of business.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

- Administration
    Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists,

Royal College of Surgeons,

123, St. Stephen’s Green,

Dublin 2.

Tel: +353 1 402 2148

Fax: +353 1 402 2160

E-mail: info@iscp.ie

Web: The Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists or ISCP Old Server

For general queries please