Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any cure for a wet iphone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Any cure for a wet iphone?

I dropped my iphone in to the sink this morning(dont ask, I am as awkward as two left feet).

I grabbed it pretty much straight away and dried it pretty good.
    I had it in a hot press for the past hour but I need to bring it with me today so cant leave it in any longer.

I seemed to have got away with just the volume being low on the ringer and the general sounds.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could fix that, and if there is anytihng I need to do to
    prevent further damage to the phone as time goes on.(And I know not dropping it into water would be a good start lol).

Any info would be great.

Thanks
    KP

Reviews

You probably done all that can be done. Maybe bring it to a phone shop and see what they say. Knowing them though they'll try and sell you a knew one.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

takemedrunkimhome (18-06-10)

Reviews

Speakers are on the bottom of the iphone so I would take the sim out of the top and blow it out from there pushing any water residue out the bottom, car heaters would do, if you blow the speakers from the bottom you will just push the water further into the phone. If you get away with it I'd buy a lottery ticket if I were you, from reports the iphone is extremely susceptible to damage from water...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Thanks guys. I might try both suggestions.

I am also getting a strange message saying this application is not compatible with the iphone.
    It is telling me to turn on airplane mode .

Reviews

Sorry forgot to tell you to turn it off straight away, if you use it while it's wet you could cause the circuits to fry, dry it out fully first...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Cool, thanks Anon. I will do that straight away. Never knew that.

There's a few places in town that repair them. However, the iPhone 4 is coming out soon enough...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BitchHunter For This Useful Post:

takemedrunkimhome (19-06-10)

Reviews

One think some people don't know is the iphone has white water sensors inside and out side the phone and if you go down to the phone shop and they see the white sensor red instead of white the phone is void, they don't give a shit they will not open it, but the funny think is most people that have the iphone will not even see that the sensors are gone red even with no water contact and their phone is also void.
    this was on UK watchdog.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hitman76 For This Useful Post:

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrypunter View Post
    I dropped my iphone in to the sink this morning(dont ask, I am as awkward as two left feet).

I grabbed it pretty much straight away and dried it pretty good.
    I had it in a hot press for the past hour but I need to bring it with me today so cant leave it in any longer.

I seemed to have got away with just the volume being low on the ringer and the general sounds.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could fix that, and if there is anytihng I need to do to
    prevent further damage to the phone as time goes on.(And I know not dropping it into water would be a good start lol).

Any info would be great.

Thanks
    KP
    you got away lightly. i dropped mine in the bath a few months ago and it doesn't work at all

got insurance with my current one!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to belfastlad For This Useful Post:

if the sim is ok just steal a friends iphone and exchange it - then your sorted

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alec Horan For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast