Thread: Irish Derby ~ Races & punting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Irish Derby ~ Races & punting

Hi guys,

I wouldn't mind some feedback on this. I see it's the Irish Derby next weekend at the Curragh, don't know whether or not to go & work during The Derby? I went to Galway a few years back during Galway Races & it was hit & miss. How many guys actually go to the races & punt?

Sandy of Newcastle x

I think that punting and races go hand-in-hand with each other. I can't believe that it was hit and miss while at the Galway Races. Would it have anything to do with where you where staying? It would be a thing i would always have dreamt off. Going racing and afterwards having a good punt in one of the busy hotels in Galway and going downstairs afterwards and having the crack with all the other race goers

No, guys would make appointments, then get stuck in traffic, so my diary was all over the place & loads of guys wanted late at night, I don't work late at night.

Anyway, I would like to thank the kind guy who has rung me, aparantly not only is theIrish Derby on, there's a footie match on the Saturday & the Kildare Festival is also on that weekend.

Sandy of Newcastle x