Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: A few thoughts...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Centered. Nicely centered......
    Posts
    1,506
    Reviews
    9

    Post A few thoughts...

    ...supplementary to Mr. BitchHunters thread about article in the Indo castigating all punters as rapists.

    Now this is somewhat collateral to that issue but back around '99 to '01 I frequently visited an irish working-girl who called herslef Chelsea and who is nowadays a reasonably successful fiction novelist.

    I was addicted to visiting this young woman; beautiful beyond my powers of description to describe, sexy and adventurous, funny and post-shag very much into having a good chat about the job and issues relating to it. She was a pragmatist and completely at ease with how she chose to make at that point in her (young) life. She was just awesomely cool and smart and thinking about her still brings a smile to my face.

    However she did an interview with the Sunday Indo prior to the launch of her first book about 6 years ago she excoriated the brothel/prostitution scene in Dublin and especially the clients, I was really surprised at how disingenous she was in the article. Really just mouthing platitudes for her female interviewer and heaping scorn on punters and all neatly teeing up the debut publication.

    All this taken as gospel by the interviewer needless to remark and more cliches about the life taken smugly and complacently as fact.

    I kinda feel there should be an advocacy service for punters....

    ps sorry i havent been around for a while

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

    nicegirlsarenice (13-06-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Munster
    Posts
    240
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    ...supplementary to Mr. BitchHunters thread about article in the Indo castigating all punters as rapists.

    Now this is somewhat collateral to that issue but back around '99 to '01 I frequently visited an irish working-girl who called herslef Chelsea and who is nowadays a reasonably successful fiction novelist.

    I was addicted to visiting this young woman; beautiful beyond my powers of description to describe, sexy and adventurous, funny and post-shag very much into having a good chat about the job and issues relating to it. She was a pragmatist and completely at ease with how she chose to make at that point in her (young) life. She was just awesomely cool and smart and thinking about her still brings a smile to my face.

    However she did an interview with the Sunday Indo prior to the launch of her first book about 6 years ago she excoriated the brothel/prostitution scene in Dublin and especially the clients, I was really surprised at how disingenous she was in the article. Really just mouthing platitudes for her female interviewer and heaping scorn on punters and all neatly teeing up the debut publication.

    All this taken as gospel by the interviewer needless to remark and more cliches about the life taken smugly and complacently as fact.

    I kinda feel there should be an advocacy service for punters....

    ps sorry i havent been around for a while
    What's the author's name? Or is it not common knowledge that she was a working girl?

    It seems very hypocritical that she would make so much money out of the business only to go and publically have a go off the very people who would have funded her lavish lifestyle.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Centered. Nicely centered......
    Posts
    1,506
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    well i've had a few posts censored on me before coz i foolishly included some indiscreet info, so i figured i should be more careful....

    having said that, anyone who was a regular punter circa '99 to '02 must surely have met Chelsea??? 5' 7", a cascade of copper hair, bum like the ripest peach in the orchard, a dab hand with a whip and hand cuffs??? anyone, anyone????

    I have complete respect for her using her life experiences to inform her writing but I didnt like being (indirectly) condemned as a degenerate....

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Munster
    Posts
    240
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    well i've had a few posts censored on me before coz i foolishly included some indiscreet info, so i figured i should be more careful....

    having said that, anyone who was a regular punter circa '99 to '02 must surely have met Chelsea??? 5' 7", a cascade of copper hair, bum like the ripest peach in the orchard, a dab hand with a whip and hand cuffs??? anyone, anyone????

    I have complete respect for her using her life experiences to inform her writing but I didnt like being (indirectly) condemned as a degenerate....
    You have us all intrigued now and wanting to read her books lol

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Centered. Nicely centered......
    Posts
    1,506
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    well she is an irish female crime writer published in last 6 years, that should sorta narrow it down...

  7. #6

    Default

    Just like you'll never hear a positive story in the papers regarding drugs, you'll never hear a positive story regarding prostitution.

    I was having a passionate conversation with some of these "feminists" who told me, and I'm not joking, that no woman would voluntary choose prostitution as a profession, that or she had to be mentally ill.

    I pointed out that I thought it was painfully ironic that this feminist supported a woman's right to an abortion and decried that "no man should tell her what she could do with her body" but was more than willing to vote to take away another woman's right to sell her body.

    Trafficking and pimping are horrible deplorable acts that should be punished (and from recent Garda reports are few and far between), but these acts are and prostitution are mutually exclusive.

    What we have here is the age old problem of one group of people trying to force their morality on another.

    To everyone out there who hates prostitution: then don't be a prostitute or a punter. Simple as.

    To everyone else: carry on.
    Last edited by BitchHunter; 13-06-10 at 19:33.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BitchHunter For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (13-06-10)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitchHunter View Post
    Just like you'll never hear a positive story in the papers regarding drugs, you'll never hear a positive story regarding prostitution.
    I dunno, you might have something in the opinions section once in a blue moon about "under certain circumstances maybe it's not so bad" for both of them. Even though the press seem to treat them similarly, I think drugs and prostitution are polar opposites.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Is her name included here?

    If so (and it may not be) I think I've whittled it down to the person who it must be, I somehow doubt it's Cecelia Ahern. NOTE: It is NOT Cecelia Ahern, that is a joke. Saying someone worked as an escort obviously isn't slander anyway.

    If this is her, she's a bit on the chubby side isn't she...? Did she have that back then or pack it on since? Not a very nice person anyway obviously... it's sad to see someone can be so two-faced.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 13-06-10 at 20:14.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    I have lived a life of regrets.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    I have a fair idea who it is but i will say no more.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •