Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Usa! Usa! Usa!

Come on boys you can do it!!!

USA! USA! USA!...

Blog Entries

Default I will be supporting England

but found this pic funny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	privateeye.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	24487  
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 12-06-10 at 16:36. Reason: spelling

3. Default

It's great to be an American in Dublin as USA plays England. Great time to be drinking, hope we slow them down.

Reviews

1950 World Cup-USA shock England

Raynor, whose Sweden team finished third, was the only Englishman with anything to smile about given the humiliation suffered by England's footballers on their first finals appearance. The game's founders had arrived ill-prepared and they paid the price in Belo Horizonte where they suffered a 1-0 defeat by the United States. Coached by Scotsman Bill Jeffrey, the Americans had led Spain for much of their curtain-raiser before shipping three late goals but now, with a helping hand from Lady Luck, they held on to the advantage given them by Haitian-born Joe Gaetjens' first-half goal.

Back in England newspapers thought the result a typing error and changed it to 10-1. The reality was that England – whose team included Alf Ramsey, future architect of their 1966 triumph – were bound for an embarrassingly early exit, duly confirmed by a 1-0 reverse against Spain, Zarra the scorer.

Could history repeat itself tonight?
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Default Could go either way!!

I hope not but who knows, I'm hoping Rooney has lady luck with him tonight, saying that its not a one man team & I dont think England has a strong team. I'm hoping Howard is as bad for the USA as he was for Man U
    Its understandable that alot of Irish will be supporting the USA tonight & not just because of the history between England & Ireland but moreso because of the huge connection between Ireland & America....
    Regardless of who wins I hope its a great game

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    1950 World Cup-USA shock England

Raynor, whose Sweden team finished third, was the only Englishman with anything to smile about given the humiliation suffered by England's footballers on their first finals appearance. The game's founders had arrived ill-prepared and they paid the price in Belo Horizonte where they suffered a 1-0 defeat by the United States. Coached by Scotsman Bill Jeffrey, the Americans had led Spain for much of their curtain-raiser before shipping three late goals but now, with a helping hand from Lady Luck, they held on to the advantage given them by Haitian-born Joe Gaetjens' first-half goal.

Back in England newspapers thought the result a typing error and changed it to 10-1. The reality was that England – whose team included Alf Ramsey, future architect of their 1966 triumph – were bound for an embarrassingly early exit, duly confirmed by a 1-0 reverse against Spain, Zarra the scorer.

Could history repeat itself tonight?

middayfun Guest

there not going to beat England are the????? hope the do. but cant see it

Reviews

sorry Leah, i hope its a shyte game and the Yanks win courtesy of a deflected shot that ricochets of Theiry Henry's arm somewhere in the cosmic stratosphere
    JUSTICE FOR AMANDA KNOX AND RAFFAELE SOLLECITO----INNOCENTS